Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY FIRST CAR!

Old 10-20-2007, 10:37 PM
1st Gear
Default MY FIRST CAR!

Hey all,

I just bought my first car for college to get me around for a year or so until I have enough credit to take out a loan for a mini cooper s. The car is a beautiful hunter green 1997 A6 2.8Q. Love the car, but its got some little things that i want to take care of. First, the cruise control doesnt seem to work OR i dont know how to work it (i tried just pushing the set button, but it doesnt engage :/). Is this an inherent problem for the C4? Second, the rear wiper/washer doesnt work. Any ideas? Third, a light behind the speedo and a couple behind the climate control are out. Can I replace these myself? Fourth, the front light washers dont work as far as i know. These are activated the same way as the windshield washer, correct? Lastly, where can i buy an owners manual?

Thanks a bunch,

Old 10-20-2007, 11:47 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: MY FIRST CAR!

Good luck with the first car....
The stalk for cruise control should have an on/off button, then the Set button should work.
The headlight washers only work IF the H/L are fully on, won't work with no / parking lights.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

ok, yeah the cruise control definitely is broken then, i tried switching it back and forth and it still wont engage... oh well. how much do you reckon thatll be for a repair? Thanks for the help

Old 10-21-2007, 12:13 AM
1st Gear

Check with an indie, too expensive at dealership, it might be the CC switch or wiring.
Check all the fuses, changing the switch might be time-consuming, and difficult if your steering wheel has air bag.

Search this Thread