Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First CEL

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:52 AM
1st Gear
Default My First CEL

So I got my first CEL over the weekend in my 2001 4.2L - hooray! Pulled the code and I got P0430 Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshhold (Bank 2). Am I correct in assuming that this is a bad O2 sensor? I'm planning to take her in for the big timing belt job shortly, so I can just add this to the list unless it's a somewhat easy fix that I can do myself.Also, should I just park the car in the meantime? Not sure if driving the car with this problem will do any damage, which I obviously want to avoid at all costs. Luckily, I haven't sold the trusty Forester yet so I can still drive to work in (old lady/lesbian) style. AWD wagons FTMFW!! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:19 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: My First CEL

I get this code every couple days because of my downpipes and bad o2 sensors. It is just annoying that the light will come on every couple of days but doesn't do anything to the driving ability of the car. I would just get the job done for free when you take it into the shop. Always the best option in my eyes.