Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My frist AUDI....WOOO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:06 PM
1st Gear
Default My frist AUDI....WOOO!!!

Congrats to me, I went from owning a huge *** GMC Envoy s.u.v. and got me an '03 Audi A6 3.0!
LOVIN' IT!

Any recommendations on keeping this baby running smooth? I've been looking to see where I can get some nice engine parts, just for slight tunning. Don't think I need much. But what I'd really like to get is a lip for the trunk, and some nice disc brakes. Keep it sporty.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:25 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: My frist AUDI....WOOO!!!

Wow that definetly is an upgrade. My sister has an Envoy XL and what a POS, the entire inside is made of cheap plastic and fake wood. I had to drive it once and was shocked that people actually drove them, clearly people don't mind feeling out of control the entire time behind the wheel. Oh well, enjoy the new car and welcome to the forum.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:15 PM
1st Gear

Welcome to the Audi world! There is not much in the way of performance for your car. You can put an exhaust on it to help it breathe better. I would stick with the handling of the car.....H&R Springs, Bilstein Shocks and H-Sport Sway Bars. This setup will have really have the car sticking to the road! Brakes are a good upgrade as well!

Good Luck and Welcome!

OOOO

[IMG]local://upfiles/13659/0E27F51A1C314A10A91F24563D29CB07.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-18-2007, 03:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Joeski

Welcome to the Audi world! There is not much in the way of performance for your car. You can put an exhaust on it to help it breathe better. I would stick with the handling of the car.....H&R Springs, Bilstein Shocks and H-Sport Sway Bars. This setup will have really have the car sticking to the road! Brakes are a good upgrade as well!

Good Luck and Welcome!

OOOO

[IMG]local://upfiles/13659/0E27F51A1C314A10A91F24563D29CB07.jpg[/IMG]

Ah! Thanks for the tip. I've been looking to first upgrade my wheels, since I don't like my stock ones very much, and it's been giving me a wierd ride from the line. As if it tries to chirp from every stop, and noticed in automatic it shifts gears real quick in ECO mode. But if I shift from TIP, I can keep it driving smoother.
Hoping a set of new wheels with a wider base can keep the car on the ground and a more firm grip.

Aside from that, I need to get me a lip for the trunk. Saw the kits from CSR on liquidautomotive, not sure if I want to lean towards that...but I dig the entire look. My buddy owns a shop out here in Fullerton, so we'd toss into a couple shows if I go that way.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

As far as wheels, most will tell you to stay with 18"; which is correct. I have 19" wheels that I love but you run the risk of bent wheels and blow outs, not to mention the added expense of the wheels and tires. You will also lose a bit of performance due to the added weight. My cars rides great on my wheels and it is extremely smooth, but you will see me dodge the potholes as they appear!

Hope this helps!

OOOO

Old 04-18-2007, 06:34 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: erick brian

Ah! Thanks for the tip. I've been looking to first upgrade my wheels, since I don't like my stock ones very much, and it's been giving me a wierd ride from the line. As if it tries to chirp from every stop, and noticed in automatic it shifts gears real quick in ECO mode. But if I shift from TIP, I can keep it driving smoother.
Did you getCVT? If it is CVT,the chirp on take off is pretty much normal (I have the same problem) . They are smooth while driving, but take off can be tricky especially when wet. A stiffer suspension will help with traction some, since it won't shift the weight to the rear and spin the tires as much.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 PM
1st Gear

Yep, it's CVT.
I figured it'd be a suspension issues that maybe it isn't quite as firm on the ground it should be. I've been getting used to it, but am driving in tiptronic more often.

Anyone install springs on their own before? I'm wondering if it's somewhat simple. I don't mind tackling the mission, but I do think I need a new set of tools since I no longer work on a GMC. My supplies of metric was limited to my previous Honda, but that used only 10's 14's and 16's really. hehe...

Old 04-18-2007, 07:25 PM
3rd Gear

I say tint the windows, put the little lip on it, debadge it, get a good exhaust, and you are looking like a RS6. I love those stock wheels though.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

Yes, windows are being done Next week (PAYDAY!)
I lost the little . between the 3 and the 0, so I drive an A6 30 for now....
I'll have to photoshop the car, see if I like it debadged.

Unfortunately, the wheels mine came with are these:

All though, from the dealer....they advertised it with the image that is in my avatar. They switched the wheels for the pics, and told me if I wanted them it's extra. (Bastards!!!) So my buddy that owns a shop sed he'd hook me up with any other brands if I got him model names...
was thinking of getting 18" OZs.....

or BBS's

Not sure yet...just debating for now.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear

i like the bbs. How about a nice five star wheel. look good on the a6's

Quick Reply: My frist AUDI....WOOO!!!