Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n00bs! do NOT search! it's dangerous.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:11 AM
Default n00bs! do NOT search! it's dangerous.

i started searching and researching before i bought my a6. in fact, when i came here, i was looking for an s4. but, my needs changed and i continued to search. after 4 months i found the car, in va, i'm in ca.

sweet! sports package. 6 speed. silver on black. happy. happy. joy. joy.... tinted it the first day i got it. giac and evo dv's a week later.

why stop there? next up an oem rs6 spoiler, hartmann rs4 replicas and h-sways.

is that enough? nope, let's drop it with a set of kw variant 2 coilovers.

^^^that's what searching here will do to you! i have had the car for 5 weeks.

still to come in the foreseeable future.
apr bipipe or samco.
ss brake lines.
brake kit.
clutch and lw flywheel.

searching dangerous...mmmmmkay?

Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: n00bs! do NOT search! it's dangerous.

ok what kind of rims are those? great pic's they just keep getting better and better

Old 03-12-2008, 11:00 AM
2nd Gear

They look like 18" or 19"B7 RS4 reps.

Awaiting confirmation...

Old 03-12-2008, 11:26 AM
3rd Gear

An 2.7T is an expensive habit. It looks real nice. I like the spoiler although I don't want one on my A6. I have enough spoiler action on my two Crossfires.

Is the window tint rear windows and back window only? Do you mind telling me what that cost as I am thinking of doing it this spring and need some price reference points? If you don't want to go public, send to jjaiven@chartermi.net

Did the car come with the sports suspension? If so, what difference did the coilovers make?

I've had the Samco TBB for 41k and the AWE stage2 clutch and lw flywheel for 25k. No problems with either. There is a little harmonic vibration from the flywheel under light acceleration (using too tall a gear), but that is normal. I'm also reconsidering the ss brake lines even though my indie advised AGAINST them unless I was racing. He didn't have any problem with them - just suggesting it would be a waste of money.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:14 PM
2nd Gear

nice ride! 6spd and silveR. nice combo! hard to find around here

Old 03-12-2008, 12:46 PM

baskin and khardysuis, those are hartmann b7 rs4 reps 18x8 +32. they fit very well. i'm really happy with them.

thanks ppgoal, i really like the subtleness of the oem spoiler. and, of course, it fits perfectly. the tin't is 15% in the back and 30% on the front. i paid $260 for good tint (3m w/lifetime warranty). it took about 2 hours. yes the car had a sport suspension. i noticed a HUGE difference when i put the sways and wheels on. the sways are a must-do imo. the coilovers came after and really stiffened up the ride. the kw v2's are adjustable. i've got them set right in the middle. the ride is definately more harsh at a lower speeds. i feel the bumps. but, at cruising speed the ride is still very smooth. cornering has definately improved. but, the difference is not nearly as noticeable as after the sways. i love the stance with the drop. i'm considering the samco tbb and that exact clutch kit. as for the ss brake lines. i'm fine with the cost. they aren't going to break the bank.

formula, thanks man. you really got me started on the hartmann's. and, like i said, i waited four months and had to have the car shipped from va to ca. had to have that combo!

Old 03-12-2008, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear

That is the sex, yes it is. Good stuff man!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

Fantastic looking car. What percent tint is that?

Old 03-12-2008, 07:59 PM

WOW!! I got a silver A6 and was considering thoes rims or the DTM's, but wow they look clean on yours. That spoiler really sets it off though, good choice, i need to get one.

What happpend to thoes stock rims?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:56 PM
1st Gear

nice looking car, mine looks similiar but i got 17' mille miglia's...soon to be hartmans also. How much did you drop on the spoiler, i love the look and definatly need to add that.

Quick Reply: n00bs! do NOT search! it's dangerous.