Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED help with 409.1 VAG COM

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:39 PM
1st Gear
Angry NEED help with 409.1 VAG COM

Alright so I bought the "USB OBD-II-2 KKL 409.1 OBD2 Cable VAG-COM"
I have a 02 Audi A6 3.0 and I have no clue what im doing wrong. Ive downloaded VCDS and VCDS Lite and I cant seem to get connected. The computer recognizes the cable, but the programs wont read it. Can someone give me the correct program or steps on how to get it setup so I can use the damn thing.

THANKS

Old 08-05-2012, 01:09 AM
3rd Gear

I am not familiar with VSDS but I am with 409.1. You need to determine what com port your usb adapter has been assigned. then tell vag-com which port to use.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:41 AM
1st Gear

@Jeffla, well I set my port to 2, which was open, and when I went into VCDS it said the port was empty, along with all other ports

Old 08-05-2012, 12:19 PM
2nd Gear

You have to have the cable connected to the car for it to 'test' the connection. And it sounds like you already have done so, but you have to make sure the COM port in device manager is matched up with one of the available ones in the Vag-Com software.

If you're using Windows 7, i recommend using VCDS (there's a cracked version out there that works absolutely perfectly....), but if you're using XP using their older 409.1 works fine too (there's a crack for this one, but it's more sketchy and doesn't work all the time).

Old 08-05-2012, 12:26 PM
3rd Gear

What OS are you using? since I don't know your technical abilities I will just cover it all.

Go to device manager, select Ports (Com & LPT)
Look for one that says something about a USB to Serial
Double click that device and select port settings, then advanced (Choose an open com port 1, 2, 3, or 4 ONLY)

Now open vag-com
select options
choose the com port you set above
select test

it should work, then click save. If it does not work, your cable has not been installed correctly. Either the wrong driver was installed or who knows. Also try a different usb port, try them all. On my prior laptop the vag-com cable only worked on 1 of the 4 ports. It should work on all 4, but it didn't.

I personally use software version 3.11, only because once I got it setup and working, I never felt the need to mess with the newer versions. My 3.11 runs in a virtual machine of XP Pro off my W7 Pro laptop. I have never setup vag-com in a W7 environment. The BMW INPA software (like vag-com) only runs in XP so we just keep the 1 virtual machine as our car diag machine. If that makes sense.

Last edited by Jeffla; 08-05-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by nm3210
You have to have the cable connected to the car for it to 'test' the connection. And it sounds like you already have done so, but you have to make sure the COM port in device manager is matched up with one of the available ones in the Vag-Com software.

If you're using Windows 7, i recommend using VCDS (there's a cracked version out there that works absolutely perfectly....), but if you're using XP using their older 409.1 works fine too (there's a crack for this one, but it's more sketchy and doesn't work all the time).
Hi

I’m using Windows 7 and searching this cracked VCDS but can’t find it. And I can’t get to work VAG-COM 409.1 on my laptop.
Can someone please put a link to cracked version of VCDS.

Thank you.