Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help asap with 2.7T stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Default Need help asap with 2.7T stuff.

My friend is looking into this 03 A6 2.7T. He just had it looked at by his mechanic and its leaking oil from one of the turbos. I am well aware thats very no bueno. Now its a real good price and my friend would have a good deal of money left over. So nobody tell me "just dont buy the car" as we are well aware of that option.

He's interested in just going for K04 turbos right away and I want to know the following.

-What other supporting mods are required to run K04s. Not all out but reliably and just a little over stock level for a while?

-Can he just have the turbos swapped without being tuned and run ok for a while, or is tuning a must for this mod?

-And finally, what are some good, and not too expensive audi/VW shops in our area that he can take the car to cuz the dealer is outta the question.

I really need to know some stuff asap, and im doing alot of other stuff on this as well. Also, if Im missing something here, please point it out.

thanks

Old 06-25-2009, 08:48 PM
3rd Gear

It would he helpful to know "your area".

I'm also interested in the answers in the event my stock K03s eventually go. I've seen pricing around $6-8k to do it right, and get 450hp. What you're asking is what is the minimum mods you have to make to upgrade to K04s. For example...

http://shop.achtuning.com/browseprod...Audi-2.7T.HTML

$2779

Old 06-26-2009, 11:50 AM
1st Gear

ECS carries some kits too. Here's one of them: http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-C5_A6-...rmance/ES1372/
Pay special attention to the additional items they mention towards the bottom of the kit information. I think that may help answer your question as to what other mods are required. And of course, you could always call them or some other parts company.

Another fairly important question is whether it's tip or manual. As I understand it you don't want to go very far beyond 300hp on the tip (basically, most stage 1 chipping hp levels) because it isn't designed to handle as much power as the manuals can. Can anyone confirm that?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

my car is in the shop now im getting my ko3s replaced with another set ive tried find a cheap way to put ko4s on but everywhere i go the say it has to be tuned and apr told me the software to run ko4s is 2 grand by its self. and just to replace the turbos i got the cheapest i found was 2 grand because you need to pull the motor. im spending 4 grand and thats for remanufactured ko3s,install of those, new oil lines, heat wraped, snub nose motor mount, and apr chip. **** aint cheap

Old 08-15-2009, 08:11 AM
2nd Gear

First, you CAN replace the turbos without pulling the engine, but you have to drop the transmission, which may or may not be easier.
Second, you DO NOT have to get software to run K04s. They just pump air and your MAF sensor will measure the air being pumped and the ECU will provide the fuel to match the air. TO A POINT!!!! The K04s can pump a lot more air than the MAF can measure, than the ECU has mapped and that the fuel system can support. Therefore, you would be wise to spend the money to do the K04s right, otherwise, just replace the one bad K03.
Finally, VAST is a good shop in my area. Your results may differ.

Bob