Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help please!! Windows, sunroof, inner lights don't work!! Whats the problem???

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 12:58 PM
1st Gear

I have a lot of the same problems. Started with some smoke from dash and radio died, found blown fuse on radio and back of radio scorched. Then a day later the windows, sunroof, turn signals, power locks and blower motor quit working. I replaced all the breakers and fuses....now what do I look for? There is no water inside anywhere either. This is on a 2000 audi a6 quattro avant.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:12 PM
1st Gear

Please help! Im new to this site so please bear with me! I have a Audi A6 tdi saloon all elec windows not working? Dome lights not working? Dash says all doors are open? Checked all fuses a 100 times (fuse "14" 200 times) really wish it was just the fuse14 that was the prob like every body else but it's fine? I haven't checked that thing under the carpet yet but I will when it stops raining, I only bought the car yesterday so I don't know how the fault started the last owner said he thinks it's a relay thingy under the steering wheel behind the fuse box? Also drivers outside door handle is playing up you can get it to open by applying pesher

Old 06-20-2013, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

Please help! Im new to this site so please bear with me! I have a Audi A6 tdi saloon all elec windows not working? Dome lights not working? Dash says all doors are open? Checked all fuses a 100 times (fuse "14" 200 times) really wish it was just the fuse14 that was the prob like every body else but it's fine? I haven't checked that thing under the carpet yet but I will when it stops raining, I only bought the car yesterday so I don't know how the fault started the last owner said he thinks it's a relay thingy under the steering wheel behind the fuse box? Also drivers outside door handle is playing up you can get it to open but it takes a lot of time and fiddling I took the door panel off but not completly (wires etc still attached) n sprayed some WD40 on the mechanism still no joy! But now I've replaced the door panel the red light that indicates that the alarm is active doesn't light up I forgot how much fun audi's are to own, BTW its a A6 tdi Quattro v6 saloon 2001 thanks in advance if you have any info that might help

Old 06-21-2013, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

Fixed the bastard!! Right the dodgy door handle started to work better n better after I sprayed WD40 on it, it now works fine.
The electric windows n dome lights was a ****** to fix the problem was in the black box under the front carpet of the passenger side foot well ( uk right hand drive model ) u need to take the trim off the sills and force a gap big enough between the floor n the carpet to reach in and grab the black box out (it's only got wires going into it at one end so it will let u retrieve it enough to inspect it) noticed straight away it had water in and around it, dried it all off best I could there is about 5 scart lead type plugs? That plug into a circuit board thing? Unplugged them all dried n cleaned them, one of them was in a really bad way green corrosion all over it really hard to unplug so drowneded it in WD40 n cleaned it up, then I noticed one wire had corroded away from inside the plug pretty much impossible to re-join again but had a bit of different size scrap wire lying round and managed to bodge it inside the plug n join it to the corroded wire! JOB DONE, not sure how long my kwick fix will last so if it fails again I will go to a car breakers yard and cut the plug off another car and join my wires to it, please note this was not a easy job for me to do I'm not a car mechanic or a electrician! It took me about 4 hours of fiddling about n I've got no skin left on my knuckles! now I know what I'm doing it would be easy for me, hope this helps someone I'm not sure where the water came from as i only bought the car two days ago...

Old 01-26-2015, 05:52 PM
1st Gear
Default interior lights rear defroster

Lights work sometimes but not when i push button to turn them on on when i unlock door. I push buttons while in car and nothing,I get out and hit lock button and they come on. Rear defrost dosent work at all

Old 01-26-2015, 05:55 PM
1st Gear
Default interior lights rear defroster

Lights work sometimes but not when i push button to turn them on on when i unlock door. I push buttons while in car and nothing,I get out and hit lock button and they come on. Rear defrost dosent work at all Ipush button the little light comes on for a second thencuts off what should i check first fuse for interior lights cant be bad cause they do come onwhen they want not when i need them

Old 01-27-2015, 11:34 AM
1st Gear

Follow up message that may or may not help others.

Replacing the dome fuse temporarily fixes the issue. The root cause seems to be related to use of my driver side rear passenger door. If that door is opened, there is about a 50% chance that the dome light fuse will need to be replaced, resulting in the above symptoms of, windows don't work, dome light doesn't light, and all doors show as being opened when they are not. So, I suspect there is a short associated with opening the rear driver side passenger door. I haven't torn it apart to track it down yet. In the meantime, I don't just don't use that door , and as a result never see the issue again.

Good luck

Old 06-27-2015, 08:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Windows, Sunroof & Interior Lights not working

For a few weeks, the windows worked intermittently and then one day I opened the sunroof and nothing worked again. I closed the sunroof manually.

I checked all the fuses and all was good. The driver side floor was once flooded during a continuous rain for 3 days. I went to the car wash today and again water was on the driver side floor. It seems like the water was coming from where the pedals are.

Reading other posts, it seems the problem with the windows and sunroof not working is because of the controllers under the driver seat.

Questions:
1. Where do you think the water is coming from? Could it be clogged sunroof drain?

2. If it is the sunroof drain, how can I clean or unclog it.

3. What is the name of the controller under the driver seat called and how much is the replacement part cost?

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:06 AM
1st Gear

The box under the driver seat is the interior control module your best bet is to find a used one just be sure the part numbers match. there can be two causes for your water problem you will want to pull your battery out and check the drain underneath it this was the cause of my flooding or it could be the sun roof drain which I have never had an issue with but do some searching here on the forums you will find many topics about it. Also be sure to inspect the wiring harness under the drivers seat and along the driver door sill there are butt connectors in the harness that corrode due to the water and will give you fits!

Old 09-08-2015, 01:47 PM
1st Gear

Bought used comfort control module and installed it. All works now, except the cigarette lighters.

By the way, drove the car from San Francisco to Voorhees, NJ with now problem.

Lately, the car won't start after driving for a while. Usually I'll let it sit for about 2 hours and then it would start again. This has been happening more frequent now. I read in this forum that it could be a defective Engine Coolant Sensor. So I replaced that yesterday. This morning I went to the grocery and when I came back, the car won't start. After several tries, I left the key switch on and slid the shifter up and down several times ( I use to do this on my Jeep Cherokee when the Neutral Switch Sensor was going bad). I turned back the key switch to off and started the car, it did start!!

What could be wrong?

I'll be registering my VCDS Lite soon.

Quick Reply: Need help please!! Windows, sunroof, inner lights don't work!! Whats the problem???