Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need someone to measure placement of rear 'Rings' emblem for me

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:41 AM
1st Gear
Default Need someone to measure placement of rear 'Rings' emblem for me

Hey guys. Had my trung repainted due to some scratches while my car was at the body shop from the minor fender-bender I had last week. Had them spray the trunk lid & that lame silver strip at the bottom of it while they were at it. (The strip made an amazing difference too, btw. I never liked that thing, and now that it matches the black of the rest of the car it looks great!)

Now I need to re-apply a brand new 'Rings' logo on my trunk. I need someone to measure out proper placement for me so I can get it to oem placement. Left to right I can handle, its up to bottom I need you guys to help out. I was thinking to use the license plate trim plastic as a guide. the part with the rear fogs, etc.

So lets use where the trunk begins above that plastic insert as a reference point. How far up from there is the bottom of the rings?

Thanks fellas!!

Old 09-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Default RE: Need someone to measure placement of rear 'Rings' emblem for me

i'm going to be doing work on my 99 todaywhich might be the same measurement as your 01 so I will measure maybe take a pic and diagram it for you if the yellow reflector removal doesnt take long ill do it this morning

Old 09-02-2007, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:13 PM

sorry for the long wait...i cant get a picture to upload cause my computer keeps sutting off but i will carry on and try on my laptop....

Old 09-02-2007, 06:31 PM

used a tape measure and put the tab on the little indent by the plate and measured to the bottom of the ring 84mm.... then I hooked the tape measure to the trunk crack and measured to the left most edge of the emblem 51.2cm make sure you get the mm and cm right i thought i would just measure the side to side placement while i was out there...and who would think that right when i say it wont work it pulls though....technology....

Old 09-04-2007, 04:14 AM
1st Gear

Thanks, I appreciate it. Going to install tomorrow.

Thanks guys

Old 09-04-2007, 04:33 PM
3rd Gear

Don't worry about .1mm perfection. But do try and apply the rings on the flattest part of the trunk lid as they don't bend well. I made that mistake when I mounted them too high.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:25 PM
2nd Gear

side note....beconservative with the adhesive...use 3M..Once you place it on, it is a bitch and a mess to move around so it is a one shot. Measure twice, apply once theory. If you use to much adhesive, it will spooge in the tight spots and really makes it hard to clean up unless you have midget paperthin fingers. No offense to midgets....

Old 09-04-2007, 09:29 PM

I thought i mgiht as well add in the decimals cause i am one of those measure 24 times people. Maybe it is a good thing i want to be an engineer..but yeah agreeing with ppgoal it doesnt really matter all that muchif it is perfect...I'm a weird person like that