Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new A6

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 03:29 AM
Default A new A6

Hello guys. So being in college one might say Im olivious to what goes on in my house. I drive a 2004 A4 and I get home today to find my dad decided to take a lease on a 2006 A6 3.2 Quattro. Premium package, cold weather package. And wow. This car is very very nice. Just wondering if I should watch for any common problems/situations. Any hidden features that I should know about. idk... after having the a4 for a while I noticed random things/features.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A new A6

Make sure you tell him to put premium gas in, that is known to cause the MIL to come on

Keep a constant eye on the tire pressure so if the tire pressure warning light comes on you know thats not it and needs to be looked at

Dont spill any coffe on the MMI buttons, as they will get stuck and drain the battery

Always pull the key out of the ignition when shutting off the car, of if it has advanced key make sure to hit the stop button twice to lock the steering column
^^Also drains the battery

Im sure there are a few more pointers that i cant think of now

Old 02-17-2006, 10:23 PM

Woowers.... thanks a lot man. When I got the A4 I had no idea about an endliss list of random things...and I know the same thing will arise from the A6. Anyone else that feels like throwing in some random info, please feel free to.

Old 02-18-2006, 03:20 PM
1st Gear

Just a note for advance key system:

With advace key, press once to "Stop" will turn off the ignition, hold it for one second will turn off the ACC and lock the steering wheel.

Also, if the ACC was on (such as radio), by opening the drive side of door, the ACC will also turnned off. By locking the car from outside (either with key, remote or press the button in the door handle) will also lock the steering wheel.

If you have engine running, take the key with you and leave the car running, the all doors will locked automatically as soon as the key is out of range.

FOr 05/06 A6, there is also a nice "Battery Management" feature. If you have things running down the battery without engine running, system will monitor the battery capacity, if it is below the certain level, system will shutting down the things like radio, etc. to make sure there is enough battery left to startup the car.

2006 A6 4.2Q Atlas Gray