Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to audi need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:18 PM
1st Gear
Default new to audi need help

this week i am buying a 2001 audi a6 2.7t. i decided to be a wuss and go with the auto/tiptronic even though i love driving standard, there were just none in my area. im looking to do mods to this car within the next few months and i read the the auto trans cant handle the power of even the apr ecu chip and an exhaust. is it true that it couldnt? if so is there anything i could to do beef up the tranny?

Old 05-05-2008, 01:44 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: new to audi need help

You hear wrong! As a matter of fact, there are more stories about failed 6 spd trannies than Tip's
Your tip will handle the APR chip just fine, many of us have it and it does wonder.
YOU can improve shhifting and make th emost of the extra HP byt getting a TIP Chip from VAST or GIAC. I love mine.

As for beefing up the tranny, if you go dtage 3 or BEAT UP your car, you could get an upgraded TC and valve body from 2bennett, IPT, 3zero3, level10....

Old 05-06-2008, 09:51 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: new to audi need help

what is a site where i can look at the vast chips? how are they compared to the apr chips? do the apr's help with shifting also?