Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy here.............Hello everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 03:53 AM
1st Gear
Default New guy here.............Hello everyone!

I just bought a 2001 2.7t A6 Quattro! This thing is awsome! Anyway....I went to get gas when leaving the dealer and could not find the door release for the gas???????? Can someone tell me where it is? I found out after I left the dealer that the car does not have an owners manual and by the time I called them they were closed. Help!!!!!!!

Looking foward to being a part of this forum!

Old 12-30-2005, 02:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New guy here.............Hello everyone!

The gas door has no release inside the car beside unlocking the doors. When the doors are lock the gas door gets locked to. So make sure that all the doors are unlooked before you try to open it. But to open push the side of the gas door that is on your right side (the side that is nearer to the front of the car) in. When you push this side in, it pushes the other side out so you can open the door. I had trouble with it at first but it helps to keep that smooth look to the body. The other thing is to make sure your doors are still unlock when you close the gas door or it will not close all the way.

Good luck

Old 12-30-2005, 02:49 PM
3rd Gear

Another A6 owner! Welcom to the forums!

My gas door doesn't lock when I lock the doors. I wonder what's wrong with it??

Old 12-30-2005, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

Awsome guys thanks!!!!!!!!!!! I will try that at lunch today!

Old 12-30-2005, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

Atleast on my car it does and it drives me nuts sometimes cause I forget to unlock it. You can check to see if there would be a spot for a lock but I am not sure all models come with the locking gas doors.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:01 PM
3rd Gear

Yeah, I can see where it would latch to the gas door but it doesn't lock. I'm not sure what would be wrong with it? I haven't really looked into it either. Maybe a fuse?

Old 12-30-2005, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

If it was a fuse all the door locks would not work since it is tied into the door locks. You may have a bad part that locks and unlocks the gas door or your car did not come with the locking gas door.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2002 A4 with the same problem...there is a selenoid/actuator that acts as a locking mechanism to protect against gas theft...I assume that is why the door locks. On mine, instead of replacing the part, I went throught the trunk trim near the gas door and located a manual release pull that is connected with the gas door lever. Of course that didnt work so I manually disengaged the latch lever and now that is not an issue. It was a 15 minute fix. Good luck!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
3rd Gear

The owners manual might be on the drivers side under the steering wheel close to your knees.

Jeff

Old 07-24-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeffla

The owners manual might be on the drivers side under the steering wheel close to your knees.

Jeff
Yep there is a slit there , it "hides" in there, the booklet makes a good place to put your insurance information, registration..etc... instead of robbing space in the glove compartment