Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 01:50 AM
Default New here

Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I currently have an 82 audi coupe but I want to get an A6. I know I want tiptronic, but I can't decide between the 4.2 or the 2.7T. Reliability is key, but I wouldnt mind having the option of upgrading later on. So the 2.7T would be my first choice, but does the 4.2 really need more? Basically which car is faster right off the bat.
Thanks a lot,
Christoph

Old 11-04-2006, 01:56 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: New here

It's all about preference. I would recommend the 4.2 over anything but I own one. I just think the 4.2 has a much better look. The fenders and door blades really set it apart. You really can't beat the V8 either. Sounds amazing. If your looking for a car that you can put a lot of mods on, then go with the 2.7. Not much out there for the 4.2 except for cosmetic upgrades but then again, why would you mess with the engine in a 4.2? It's almost a crime. If possible, drive both vehicles and choose one for yourself. Good luck and welcome to the forums!

Old 11-04-2006, 03:19 AM
1st Gear

I would say the 4.2. Right now is a good time to get one. They are less expensive and I think that there will be parts made available over time. With more and more people getting 4.2's now the market is likely to shift.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:43 AM
2nd Gear

I'd say go test drive both cars. Then go searching on what upgrade options are out there for the both of them. Then decide which you want.