Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me A6

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:43 PM
1st Gear
Default New to me A6

Hello all,
Just bought a used A6 Quattro with the 3.0 ad auto trans. It has just over 100k on her. Just wondering if there is anything that has common issues that I should look for as well as any other useful info. Thanks for any input

Old 04-05-2011, 05:39 PM
2nd Gear

I would have thought you would want to ask that question before you bought the car....

Old 04-06-2011, 09:12 PM
1st Gear

Aside from the typical maintenance items, plugs, filters, oil change, brakes, etc., you should really look into having your TimingBelt/Waterpump replaced if it hasn't already been done. If your belt breaks or one of the belt driven accessories fails, this can be very detrimental to your engine.

These cars are very well built and fairly reliable...to me just a tad bit over engineered, but never forget that They Do Require Maintenance! If you can wrench on it yourself great, if not, find a shop that is experienced with the brand...otherwise you'll pay top dollar at the dealeship (Stealership) for maintenance, repairs and parts!

Last edited by TwinTurboC5; 04-06-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-10-2011, 04:07 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the useful input. I am good with wrenches and cars so that shouldn't be to bad. just looking for common problems. I will keep up with the maintenance with out a doubt. Thanks again