Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS! Did some shopping!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:44 AM
2nd Gear
Default NEWS! Did some shopping!

So as mentionned in a couple of thread, I have been looking at wheels and a different suspension set up.
I finally sold my 19" BBS RSGT and am now selling my 17" BBS RC, which I recently had redone ($300+)are like new, seriously, they look like they came out of the factory!
Instead of two sets of wheels, 19"s with UHP summer tires and 17's with winter Goodyear UltraGrip3 tires, I decided I would buy one set of affordable clean looking 18's with UHP AS tires. One I needed to raise cash and two I want a better ride for my kids and wife while maintaining a lower than stock look and improved handling... hence the new suspension and wheels.
My new parts arrive this week and early next week so they should be on the car Wednesday... hopefully! I am impatient to pick it up from GMP performance next week.
I will be selling my Koni Sport and H&R springs but someone on this forum has first dibs !

ANYWAY, here are my new parts/mods...

NEW 18" Hartmann RIMs

Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season (Ultra High Performance All-Season)
Size: 245/40ZR18
Serv. Desc: 97Y Load Index 97 = 1609lbs (730kg) per tire
Speed Rating “Y” = 186mph (300kph) Load Rating XL
UTQG: Treadwear: 420 - Traction: AA - Temperature: A420 AA A
Price: $172.00 (each)

and the suspension kit
Koni FSD Damper Set & Springs - Front and Rear Fitment
Ride Height: Moderate Lowering Note: Avg Low 1.4"F 1.3"R
Front and Rear Dampers PLUS Eibach Lowering Springs Lowering amount may vary with options.
Price: $938.00 (kit)
Manufacturer Part #: 2150-4044-1

"When two of the industry's suspension component brands decide to pool their talents, the outcome is strong and impressive. The outcome is the KONI FSD + Eibach Pro-Kit engineered suspension system.
The KONI FSD (Frequency Selective Damping) shock combines excellent road holding and handing characteristics with no-compromise comfort levels. It's a two-in-one solution from KONI that doesn't require the installation of sophisticated electronics, cables or sensors. Firmness for sporty driving on even road surfaces. Smoothness for a comfortable ride on uneven road surfaces.
Read more about KONI FSD shocks.
KONI's FSD shocks are paired with Eibach's Pro-Kit springs to lower the vehicle's center of gravity and give the car a more solid, secure feel at all times. They're the perfect answer for frequently driven street cars.
Read more about Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.
Read more about Eibach.
Features & Benefits of the KONI FSC + Eibach Pro-Kit System:
An engineered suspension system of shocks and springs that complement each other.
Body lowering of 1.0"-1.5" depending on vehicle. Improved appearance, but still street-worthy.
Better handling. Roll, dive and squat are improved for better driver control.
Maintained or improved ride quality, even with lowering.
30-day satisfaction guarantee from date of sale."

AND I might add spacers when we do the install at least in the rear if the wheels are not right at the fender edge.
Voila! Wish me luck hope it looks good and it is what I expect from a ride standpoint!

Brice

Old 01-30-2008, 01:19 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: NEWS! Did some shopping!

those wheels look reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllly good on that silver c5. probably one of the only set of aftermarket wheels besided my stock sport wheels that i've actually thought looked good on these cars.

are those the RS4-DTM 18's? if so, i might just have to pick up a set of those for my car, especially because they're very resonably priced.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:47 PM

very nice. i am thinking about those wheels myself. it looks very clean! congrats

Old 01-30-2008, 01:14 PM
1st Gear

-

Old 01-30-2008, 02:02 PM
2nd Gear

Nice. SOunds like you're gonna be rollin, and your family will too. Good shopping!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:12 PM
1st Gear

Who is getting the other springs and struts heh

Old 01-30-2008, 02:33 PM
3rd Gear

Beautiful rims. What did the Hartmanns set you back?

Old 01-30-2008, 03:14 PM
1st Gear

I really like the rims, nice and subtle. What was the price on those and do you know the weight?

Also, I really like the Koni kit that you are putting on and am anxious to hear about your results. Suspension is one of the top things on my list of to do's.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:36 PM
2nd Gear

THANKS guys for the support/compliments, I am excited. Got an appointment set for Thursday next week, pics will follow then.

Answers to above:

I paid 265/rim and they are 25.5 lbs.

NJGOAT, I will let you know about the kit, gotta let thing settle a while before makig a final analysis but first few days will tell me if I wated $ trying to improve the ride while maintaining handling/lowering. Car will definitely sit a little higher, but Iam good with that

Marcin, you're in No worries

Old 01-30-2008, 07:00 PM
1st Gear

why are you changing susp kits?

i see now, better ride for the fam, was the H&R setup good otherwise?

Quick Reply: NEWS! Did some shopping!