Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no excuse for a slow audi.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:19 PM
1st Gear
Question no excuse for a slow audi.

watching some race videos, seen a few pulling low 13's in the quarter, but then i see a c5 A6 pull a 15.3 vs. a corvette. i think thats unacceptable. so, when thinking about future modification for my a6, i want her to be able to move. she already does, of course, but theres alot of people on here divided on what chips, and what down pipes, BOV's, etc., im looking for something more definite on what to get her pulling. my goal is an A6 2.7T that will pull a 10 sec 1/4 mile. i dont think thats too much to ask for at all. so what experienced A6 owner has gotten her moving, and can give a definite this model, that brand, that speed, valve, chip, etc., i want the GO FAST parts list that can be relied on.

gracias,

matt.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:33 PM

Best be looking into bigger turbos, injectors, internals, and some massive car dieting to get into the 10's. A B5 S4 has a chance with some major tuning you've got a larger, heavier car to deal with...

I am interested to see what others recommend.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Site Moderator

10 second 1/4 mile LOL!! Without blowing up the tranny, not gonna happen.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

then i'll replace the tranny. if they can pull low 12's, im gonna find a way to shave off more. mechanical limitations aside there has to be a way.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

i mean damn, i have a '66 Rambler than can pull 12's, albeit, a lighter car, etc., etc., but where theres a will theres a way. im just an old school mechanic, so far as audi's i dont know performance modifications as well. but i want to make, eventually, the baddest A6 i can.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:02 AM
3rd Gear

buy a different car. The A6 is a HEAVY luxury European family sedan/wagon. No matter what, even with the RS6, it will always be a HEAVY luxury European family sedan/wagon. Not saying you can't make it go faster, but....

Old 12-14-2009, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

eh, disregard.

Last edited by flyboyx; 12-14-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:54 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by flyboyx
eh, disregard.
No offense, but you have a 2 ton car with all wheel drive power loss. It will NEVER get into 10 second range, even with K04s, chip, BOVs, intercoolers, and go fast stickers.

BTW, B7 RS4 runs around 13 second range.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:40 PM
3rd Gear

Hmmm. Maybe a full stage 3 kit. Then pull out both front and rear seats and throw them away, followed by the interior paneling, everything in the trunk, cut off the exhaust (don't worry about those codes, ok), get rid of that heavy glass in the doors (just slows you down) and motors, remove the AC and power steering (this is about speed, not comfort), radio, etc. Now you're into the 11-12s. To get to the 10s, maybe a radical NOX kit and cam. Get those crappy spare donuts for the front, too.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by ppgoal
Hmmm. Maybe a full stage 3 kit. Then pull out both front and rear seats and throw them away, followed by the interior paneling, everything in the trunk, cut off the exhaust (don't worry about those codes, ok), get rid of that heavy glass in the doors (just slows you down) and motors, remove the AC and power steering (this is about speed, not comfort), radio, etc. Now you're into the 11-12s. To get to the 10s, maybe a radical NOX kit and cam. Get those crappy spare donuts for the front, too.
x2

To make the weight loss program easier leave the A6 in a bad area of your town. Give it a week and see if parts are missing yet, leave it out too long and you may need to find new doors.

After they have removed the drive-train throw in either a 2JZ, LS1, blown V8, etc, and make it a rear wheel drive!

P.S. carbon fiber trim adds at least 50hp at the wheels!

Quick Reply: no excuse for a slow audi.