Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no power at my fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:42 PM
1st Gear
Default no power at my fuel pump

alright ladies and gents i have a2001 a6 that has no power at the fuel pump even when i turn the key.
there is power at the fuse block

i have searched this forum untill my eyes hurt and not found a for sure answer can any of you help me out with this problem?
thanks mike

Old 03-15-2011, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

If you have a multimeter you can check the wire continuity from the pump to the relay and the fuse block to the relay and all the other associated wiring.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

ok it beeps at fuel pump side and does not at the fuse side

Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

What do you mean it beeps? Have you checked that you have power to the fuel pump relay? Have you tried to jumper the fuel pump relay connections to see if the fuel pump runs?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

sorry bud ben away ive got power at the fuel pump relay and at the fuel pump but its not nuch at the pump i think the reading was 0.1-0.4 it varied a little when i turned the key.
ive got like 10.69 volts at the fuse and about the same at the relay shouldnt it be the same at the fuel pump?
and what spaces wolud i put the jumper in the relay spot?
when i take out the relay i dont get power any where
oh yea im taking all my readings on the 12v setting

Old 03-21-2011, 09:23 PM
1st Gear

I'm not the best with reading wiring diagrams but here's what I've got. There's are two fused wires running into the relay. One is green/black and one is green/red. The green/red corresponds (via the wire numbering termination for the page) with the power wire to the fuel pump. I'm not 100% sure that's what to jumper (as I don't know what trans and motor you have) but I think it is. You can pick up a fuel pump relay for about $35 online.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:54 PM
2nd Gear

You should have about 12v at the fuel pump, but with losses and bad grounds, 10 something wll work. It sounds like you have a bad relay. If you remove the relay there will br four terminals. Two will have power. One goes straight to ground. One goes to the fuel pump. Run a jumper wire from either of the terminals with power to the terminal that feeds the fuel pump. The pump should run. Pull the wire right away since you might be on the relay power side and don't want to pop a fuse.

Good luck,

Bob

Old 03-22-2011, 09:11 PM
1st Gear

the car is an a6 with the 2.7 and triptronic auto
the problem showed it self a few weeks ago when i turned the key and it would not start
i let off and tried again it started
a few days later the same thing
and again a few days after that
then my wife went to soccer with the kids and it went out for good went to tow the car a few hours later and it started right up got it home and it has not started since

i was wrong with the reading to the back it is 1.4-4.6 depending on how it feels i guess only on one lug at the pump
pull what i think is the fuel pump relay and still get the same reading at the pump
the relay i am pulling is the 4th over on the bottom and it says 372 on it
does this still sound like a relay problem?
the only time i dont get the reading at the pump is when i take the key out of the ignition

Old 04-15-2012, 10:35 AM
1st Gear

where is fuel pump relay on A6 1.9tdi mate

Old 10-11-2014, 10:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Intermittent "No Start" problems

2002 A6 Q 2.7T - I have had identical symptoms to obxboarder that had intermittent "no Start" problems that ended with no start for good. In my case, the primary fuel pump under the passenger rear seat is getting power but does not pump.

FYI, the engine must be cranking as the ECM looks for the camshaft to be turning before it energizes the relay sending power to the pump.

Quick Reply: no power at my fuel pump