Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are OE wheels llc legit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:42 PM
1st Gear
Question Are OE wheels llc legit?

I need to replace the wheels on my 2004 A6 2.7t s-line. When I bought it, she had wheels bent so bad they couldn't take a decent balance. I have noticed this company several times but, they seem too good to be true. I really like the R8 wheels that would fit my 17" tires. Do these guys make a decent product? It seems like the cost may hide inferior quality material used to make the wheels or something. I don't mean to accuse and I see they advertise on this site. Anyone have any experience/reviews of their products? Thank you in advance.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
1st Gear

Also, has anyone used the sprint booster? Again, it sounds like a great idea and great deal but, I have a hard time believing it.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by zora_d_1991
Also, has anyone used the sprint booster? Again, it sounds like a great idea and great deal but, I have a hard time believing it.
Sprint Booster is just an amplifier between the go pedal and the ECU. You can do the same thing by pressing the pedal faster.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
3rd Gear

I believe the accelerator is driven electrically, not by a linkage. The sprint booster theoretically speeds up the signal response. I think any benefit would be marginal compared to the cost. These are not great accelerating cars due to weight, AWD, and turbo lag. Cannot answer your wheel question, but caveat emptor.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:53 PM
3rd Gear

I got my winter wheels from OEwheelsLLC and I am pleased with their quality for the price. They are softer than OEM wheels and chip easier, but for my needs as a cheap set of winter wheels they have worked out well. If your concerned with getting only high quality wheels, you will need to spend more.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the feedback. Right now I only have the cash flow for one set of nice wheels, otherwise I would consider OE for a winter set as well. I'll probably check out some other options.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:59 AM
2nd Gear

Replica wheels made in China?
There are reports on replica wheels with stamps "Germany" , "VAG" ...

It is not the chipping that is of concern here - soft replicas easily bent out of shape - no balance is possible-vibrations are to appear.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:59 AM
1st Gear

that's what I was afraid of. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice set of wheels that fits the Audi design? I'm not big on chrome or crazy stuff. Just a nice set of wheels that looks relatively factory.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:39 AM
3rd Gear

I will not make any comments about buying a newer (2004) Audi and how it marries with cheap wheels, but I would say this:
if your "cash flow" doesn't allow you much, you can consider checking out an Audi "chopping" place like Force5Auto or Shokan who I'm sure have OEM 17" wheels in more than just "decent" shape.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:51 AM
3rd Gear

Do a forum search on "rims". There have been periodic discussions on after market rims and some have been good prices. I recall seeing a thread about RS4 replicas that were priced a couple hundred less than I paid, and I thought I got a good deal. Keep in mind that 18s are a bad idea for winter use because the roads are in worse shape. I would not go larger than 17s.

Quick Reply: Are OE wheels llc legit?