Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil on DV?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 08:19 PM
1st Gear
Default Oil on DV?

So I was inspecting my TBB when I noticed oil on and around the driver side DV. I didn't have any time to look into it more, nor do I have much knowledge of the set up... I know for sure that oil anywhere outside of the engine is not good.

Has anyone had a similar problem or heard of such a thing? Any ideas what it could be off hand?

Thanks!

Old 04-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Oil on DV?

Its the oil from the pcv system. It is normal but you can eliminate that with a catch can.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Oil on DV?

pcv on the 2.7t is nowhere near the DV's. DV's at the front/PCV at the rear. In my experiance thehoses which connect the upper turbo pipes to the Y-pipe and DV's is a weak link. Seems that oil was always seeping at the DV's. Switched out thosehoses for silicone hoses. Problem solved. Just make sure that the oil is not coming from the TBB, sometimes blowing oil is sneaky, you might have to take the TBB off to find tears under the clamp. Change this to the Samco silicone as well