Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Place is What the Doctor Ordered: A6 S-Line

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:56 AM
1st Gear
Default This Place is What the Doctor Ordered: A6 S-Line

I've read enough posts on here to give me a headache. Problem after Problem, guys who own S-Lines don't have big dicks, warranty info, the 2.7T is a maintenance hog, my 6 speed crushes your Slush box, etc...Wow, this place has enough anger to generate a lightbulb.

But, what can you expect from a group of guys on any forum. Go to the Taylor and Martin forums and read how some members bash the other brand. I'm sure I'd find it on the Chevy and Ford forums too. Thank God I wasn't disappointed to find it on a friggin' Audi forum.

Thankfully, there is enough wisdom on this forum to make it a VERY worthwhile to visit. I know I just need to read through all the BS and morons to get to it. Otherwise, I'd bury this place as some teenage/20-something soap box to spout out how cool the mods on their cars are. Ya, trying tellinga group of execs at a board meeting, or your wife who wants to enroll your kids in a soccer camp that costs $2k when all the expenses are totalled that you want to spend $4k on mods for a car. Sure, whatever you say. Yes, I know, you'll never get there. Ah ha. Ya. Right.

My story isa lot more simple (read as LESS DRAMA) than someof the folks on here:
I found a great deal on an A6 S-Line, so I grabbed it. $16,500 for an 04 w/45k miles. No nav or Bose, but I'll buy a TomTom and upgrade the stereo later if I want.

I drive in too much traffic to own a 6-Speed. Yes, I know .5 seconds is three car lengths in a 1/4 mile (or at least I know it now). But, the trade off of clutch in and out in 8 miles of bumper to bumper traffic isn't worth it. Maybe if my age was reversed I'd be all over the .5 seconds, or if I could actually bring my car up to speed in a 1/4 mile without smashing into someone's car in rush hour traffic. Yes, I bought the A6 2.7T for many reasons including performance, but I'd rather start a groupformembers who want to discuss maintenance issues and good ideas rather than my 6-speed crushes your slush box.

ON THE FLIP SIDE:
Asincere thank you to the members who add value to the posts like the sticky for new 2.7T owners. VERY helpful!!! I'm not going to mod my car because I have too many other interests and a family. But, there are some maintenance issues and small upgrades (like the DPs) that I'm going to discuss with a couple of the indie shops suggested in Chicago because they'll hopefully extend the life of my turbos and car. Please let me know where I can find more of that kind of information on this forum so I can intelligently discuss it with a local shop. I'm interested in knowing preventative and proactive maintenance/upgrades that will prolong the life and enjoyment from my car. I don't need to gain70+ hp. If I want that type of ride I'll jump on my BMW K1200RS.

Regards,
Mark

Old 01-26-2008, 12:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: This Place is What the Doctor Ordered: A6 S-Line

Well, I can't really help with the car issues, but welcome to the forums...

As you noted, there is the good, the bad and the ugly here too. I've learnt not to even remotely mention anything about other cars that members on the forum may have....

Old 01-26-2008, 12:58 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Glad you sort of like the forums here. It sounds like you got a great deal on your car. For reliability, consider upgrading to 710N diverter valves too.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:44 PM
2nd Gear

Interesting first (or close to)post!
Well welcome to the nut house I personally love this forum,, there are tons of great helpful people.

I hope you enjoy your new ride, it certainly is a great car but needs to be maintained religiously and needs TLC.
BTW, DP's ARE a mod... they will increase your car's performance but will also reduce temperature behind the turbos and therefore help with relibility some. I would most definitely do the TBB and DV's as pro-active measure...
And whether you're into mods or not, a 20 yr old or older guy/father like me, not chipping this car is almost crazy... Why not get the extra perf [+70hp, 120TQ in 93 octane]for 500-600 bucks and a 20-30 minute process. If youdrive sensibly, do the cool down/warmp up process, upgrade TBB and DV's and maintain yor car well, then you'lll be fine... especially with DP's. BTW I would save $ though and just do Piggies.
They are also some great upgrades that are not harmful to the car but beneficial in terms of look, but most importantly handling and braking for example...
If i were you I would consider the following in the future:
Goodridge SS Brake lines, better pads (HAWKS), Sway bars (H Sport, H&R), better suspension components (FSD Shocks, Eibach spring, Billstein...), NewSouth intake gaskets...
Anyway, good luck with the car.
Let us know when you need help

Old 01-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Site Moderator

Welcome to the forums, i'll try to help out where i can.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:16 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Aceboympk

...guys who own S-Lines don't have big dicks...
And you bought one anyway?

Sorry but I couldn't help myself.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:20 AM
2nd Gear

Welcome to the forums. You car looks fine from the pic.... how is the condition, do you foresee any expenses? Is it still under warranty, or extended?? Smart choice with the Auto...I drive in the traffic too and I hate those 5 miles jams...imagine all those 1/4 wannabees in those jams pressing clutch 2000 times. They have to lift their leg while peeing.

I am sure you will have fun here, and sometimes not... I will give you a hint when that happens. All the best...again.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:47 AM
2nd Gear

Car looks good on the pic, cleam look.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: leftyturner

ORIGINAL: Aceboympk

...guys who own S-Lines don't have big dicks...
And you bought one anyway?

Sorry but I couldn't help myself.
No worries. I have read way too many posts where A6 and A6 S-Line owners measure each other's dicks. "My car has this", "oh, ya, well my car has that". Who the F*CK cares?!!! Drive your car and not your mouth.

How about spend more time trying to benefit each other instead of out doing each other. Aren't we all Audi owners? Don't we have other brands to bash instead of our own? Whatever.

Anyway, there are a lot of cool people on this forum who try to help. They spend their valuable time posting information on this forum that will benefit other people.Unfortunately their posts get invaded and pissed on by these shmorons who ABSOLUTELY cannot resist taunting one another to prove their right because they suffer from LD/LBsyndrome. I just scroll down until I no longer see their user names.

Regards,
Mark

Old 01-27-2008, 12:10 PM
2nd Gear

^

Great post Mark!
brice

Quick Reply: This Place is What the Doctor Ordered: A6 S-Line