Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:38 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs up please help

Hi guys, i,m the owner of a a6 1.9tdi, auto trans with 110.00 miles recorded 2005 reg
I,m aware the trans has a faulty ecu and plan to get it fixed asap.
The problems i,m about to mention maybe linked to the faulty trans ecu, or they may be a seperate issue, please help if you can....
Occasionally when slowing down and almost coming to a stop the engine rpm dos,nt fully drop and the car keeps going, resulting in either having to slam the brake pedal and force a stall, or quicky selecting neutral on the lever. It almost feels if the clutch on the auto trans is either slipping or not selecting.
Secondaly when i accelerate up to sixty mph there are no problems but when i ease off the gas and just keep light pressure on the pedal to maintain speed the engine slighty judders, it's almost as if for a split second there is,nt quite enough fuel getting through, it does not happen all the time but its starting to annoy me.
Thirdly, i have a very wet rear passenger foot well, and i,m convinced its washer fluid, any idea's where the pipe may be split so i can fix it, cheers guys,, yours David...

Old 01-13-2011, 09:04 PM
2nd Gear

Start be cleaning your throttle body. something is sticking somewhere.

Your engine rpm maybe too high and engaging the torque converter.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:33 AM
1st Gear

many thanks ,i'll give it a try