Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 07:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Please help!!!

2000 A6, 2.7T, 6 speed, serviced and oil changed 800miles/2months ago.At 52,000 miles now. This morning the check engine light came on. I don't notice any changes in the way the car drives, and all gauges behave normal. When I pressed the button twice under the RPM meter to perform auto check, the following shows (visible in attachments below):

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/pix/tripww_oil.jpg

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/pix/triplight_coolant.jpg
At the end of auto check, it says OK!
Also, above the oil pressure sign it says brake light but when I checked the brake lights, they work fine (!)

Please help! I searched the forum and I found few close topics but nothing that tells what exactly is going on or what to do..
All caps and the dip stick are tightly closed but the check engine light remains on. I'm starting to think I may have 2 different problems. I called Audi service and the earliest they can get me in is on wednesday. Is it safe to drive the car until my service appointment on wednesday??? The mechanic couldn't help me over the phone, I have to wait til wednesday for him to help me!
I'm heading to Auto Zone now to get the codes and I will write down the codes and post what they tell me.

Old 02-04-2005, 02:19 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: Please help!!!

When you press that button it is just rotating all the available animations. It's not really serving the purpose you need. I suggest taking your car to Autozone to have it scanned for the fault code. Bring the code back and post it for us. You may also want to invest in a obd tool so you can read the codes your self. YOu can pick on up from ross-tech.com.

Old 02-04-2005, 02:33 AM
1st Gear

I took the car to Auto Zone and they found one fault: P1128, Fuel air metering. I called Audi and they sy it could be anything. When I asked what the most common cause for the P1128 code is, they said hose leaks. He said if that is the problem, it usually about $250 to fix it.
The coolant level animation makes sense because I need to refill it. But what do you think about the oil pressure animation being displayed? What could be the problem there? And any comments on P1128? Thanks!

Old 02-06-2005, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

Update:
A Day later, the CEL went out by itself. Regardless, I have an appointment scheduled with Audi for factory recalls. I'll still have them check it out, how detailed depends on my bank account. Any comments are welcome. My explanation: I always start the car and let it warm up before I drive. I think that twice I may had it warm up longer without opening the garage door. The CO produced by idling in a closed garage may have gotten to the intake and cause the ECU to think that the mixture wasn't rich enough.