Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Default please help

I just bought an 2004 Audi A6 Sline. I noticed the other day that the floor behing the passenger seat was wet. I have had no liquids in the car and it hadn't been raining. I dried it out and it happened again. I cannot figure it out. i am going to take it into the dealer but was wondering if anybody ever dealt with this before. it is the strangest thing. I thought it might locked condensate be a blocked condensate line so i didn't run the AC and it got wet again.

Totally confused?

Old 10-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: please help

Take out the battery and see if there is any water built up in there, the pleanum drain gets clogged and water builds up in there and runs through the pollen filter box and ends up on the passenger's side carpet.
It probably only got wet once, the carpet pad is 4 inches thick on our carpets so you would have to pull up the carpet and suck the water out of the pad.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:09 AM

Thanks. i will check that out. I wanted to check here in case the dealer didn't warranty this. puuling out the carpet seems like a really difficult task. Did you do it yourself?

Old 10-26-2007, 09:13 AM

floor behind the passenger seat? check the door seal and the drains for the sunroof