Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP!!! anybody around queens, ny

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 03:23 PM
1st Gear
Default PLEASE HELP!!! anybody around queens, ny

Please HELP car won't start!!
Hi guys!
Car is an Audi 2000 A6 2.7T with 168k miles on it.
Car won't start at all, it cranks but nothin. I replaced engine coolant sensor less than a year ago so I don't think thats the problem especially since it hasn't turn since Monday :-(
The car is mostly use by my girlfriend so she says is been acting a little wierd b4 this happen. Like it will take 2-3 tries to get it started. On Monday she pick me up at the train station drove 5 mins to her house turn it off went back out to try n go somewhere try to turn it on nothin. It look like it was bout to start but nothin?

I check the battery n even tried jumping it, nothin? So I'm thinking is more like the fuel pump or pump relay ? But what do I know! Lol
Can somebody with one of those Audi machines obd readers help me pull the codes? Car is located @ elmhurst, queens NY I'm willing to buy beers or give a little $$ for the trouble!
I don't have much $$ to tow n find out I only needed a cheap part lol
Is there a way to know or test the starter, alternator or even the fuel pump?
Any help will b really appreciate !
Thx

Old 02-22-2012, 04:08 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

if it is turning over, but wont start it is probably not the battery, alternator, or starter. The fuel pump is under the back seat (more or less). if you pull the back seat up you should be able to hear the fuel pump "whirring" when you first turn the key. Could also be the fuel filter. check the fuses. don't recall off the top of my head which one is for the fuel pump

good luck

Old 02-22-2012, 04:38 PM
1st Gear

Thx 4 replying! I'm gonna try n listen to the fuel pump later on today! Fuses u mean the fuel pump relay? Is a small silver box thing ?! Lol I will check on that too. Fuel filter is cheap gonna see if I could buy it n replace. Thx again!

Old 02-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Certified

Originally Posted by magiben2k5
Thx 4 replying! I'm gonna try n listen to the fuel pump later on today! Fuses u mean the fuel pump relay? Is a small silver box thing ?! Lol I will check on that too. Fuel filter is cheap gonna see if I could buy it n replace. Thx again!
Replacing the fuel filter is a nice proactive piece of maintenance for your vehicle. It will not bring a dead fuel pump back to life or cause a no start condition.
Just for ****'s & giggles , rap on the fuel tank while someone cranks the engine over & see if it gets going.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:10 PM
1st Gear

Thx! I'm bout to get out of work soon n gonna go n check it out. I just hope is nothin too Crazy n expensive

Old 02-23-2012, 02:48 PM
3rd Gear

Assume that with or without the jump start, the car is turning over at normal speed? Also, it's an automatic (so no clutch pedal sensor). Then it sounds like fuel or spark. Fuel could be a blocked filter. Changing it every 40-60k miles is a good idea. When you pull of the old one it will drain the fuel line - catch it in a basin. Have your GF crank over the car -- if the fuel pump is working you should get a strong stream of gasoline. Suggest you do not smoke while doing this.

Spark is tougher to check. In the good old days you could hold the spark wire an inch from the engine and watch the spark jump at night. No idea how to check on this engine.

Codes, if any, would help. Have you done regular maintenance? When was the last time you changed spark plugs, air filter?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

Thx 4 replying !
I changed the plugs last August along with the airl filter
Oil was changed bout 3k miles ago. Honestly I haven't change the fuel filter since I got it 2 years ago. Was gonna change next month with the oil n differential fluids.
I haven't been able to check on the car myself yet cause I been getting out of work later lately. It my friend passed by my girl's house(where the car is) n I told him bout the pump making a sound whe opening the ignition n he said nothin happen no sound at all.. So maybe is the pump or I heard bout the relay also could b the problem but he couldn't locate it? I'm gonna try to check it out myself on the weekend. Thx again guys

Old 03-06-2012, 12:31 PM
1st Gear

Changed fuel pump relay n crank sensor n no luck so it must b the pump since I can't hear it making a sound.
Will the 1st n 2nd pump on this link b a direct swap? I think so! I'm bout to order it n a fuel filter n try n see what happens!

00 2000 Audi A6 Quattro Fuel Pump - Fuel Delivery - Airtex, VDO - PartsGeek

Old 03-17-2012, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

Car came back to life!!! Lol
Fuel pump was the problrn

Old 03-17-2012, 02:59 PM
1st Gear

Car came back to life!!! Lol
Fuel pump was the problem

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!!! anybody around queens, ny