Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help! Looking for good service shop, etc.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Please Help! Looking for good service shop, etc.

I live in Connecticut now, and I am looking for a good shop that

A) wont rape me and

B) will do a good job - Hopefully a Audi/VW centered shop.

I go to Bruno's in MV NY they're awesome, but its a real hassle to take it there, drop it off etc.

Can anyone give me a first hand account of a shop they use in Connecticut?? Here are my choices so far from my search:

- North Bay Imports

- Momentum Tuning

- Audi Stealer-ship in Wallingford

Also, I will have this question once again since I am looking to do a one shot APR Chip (per Gigi - I just want a little power not so aggressive & and like the idea of flashing back to stock via the stalk) piggies, DV, TB, (anything I'm forgetting??) in the winter/fall. I don't mind traveling a little further to have this done by one of the better shops. I was thinking of doing a trip to VAST, but that could be just a little too far out of my way... maybe you guys can recommend a really good shop to have this done closer in my area.. CT, NY, MA, NJ, etc.

Right now my cars inna bit of trouble, Check engine light on which i think is related to the Cat Converter, I believe my electric fan is dead - the air conditioner is so friggn loud.. and when I turn it on the car over heats. also the tie rod ends are broken... not to mention what other general service needs to be done...

Any and all comments and help are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

T2.7T

Old 08-17-2008, 03:48 PM
1st Gear

i know this is going to sound crazy but find a mexican shop around there that can work on your car. I did it down here (florida) and they are great! They don't even tear my head + I always bargain with them when I make final payment!!

Good Luck!

Old 08-17-2008, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the advice, there are a few good guys in my neighborhood... but they don't specialize in Audi/VW and usually end up costing me more later. I don't want to go into details, but it has happened enough times with my Passat that I learned my lesson. I am very happy that I found Bruno's... but now im out here in CT and need to find someone as good. Anyone???

Old 08-17-2008, 09:00 PM
1st Gear

if all else fails goto the stealership, they have to follow audi of america's rules and if they dont you can tell on them and they'll hear it.

Sorry to hear that you cant find anybody... Isn't there always that old guy who works on German cars ONLY in every town? Like I said I got lucky with the mexicans and the only reason I went there was because I saw 2 jettas in the garage...

Old 08-17-2008, 10:09 PM
1st Gear

Alex, thanks for your help. Anyone else??

Old 08-18-2008, 01:49 PM
1st Gear

I went to the Momentum Tuning address today, they no longer exist. So I will scratch that from my list.

I guess I will answer my own question.... Should anyone care, I'll update this thread for future Audi owners in CT looking for the same information and let you know my local experiences... unless of course anyone has some first hand feedback (i.e. not go get a mexican)

Old 08-18-2008, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

Try the Bosch Service website (www.boschservice.com). I travel around the country and I've always received quality service fom their mechanics. My understanding is that the only way they get certified through Bosch is if they're approved by Bosch. Good Luck!!!