Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP ME

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Default PLEASE HELP ME

I just purchased my USED 2002 A6 only 2 weeks ago. I was driving it and it start over heating, before I could get to a safe spot it shut off. I will start but then cut off. My car was over the factory warranty, I purchased an extended warranty but it doesn kick in for 2 more week and im afraid that when i am elgible they wont cover it because I called my sales rep in a panic telling him somewhat of the situation. The dealership that sold it to me couldnt diagnose the problem but from their opinions they think it is a timing belt, water pump and possible the head gasket is blown.

Does AUDI protect any of those parts since the car only has 52k on it? IF so who do I call?
Anyone familiar with warranties, did I say to much? Will they deny my claim as pre-existing although I never explained the story in its entirety.
Is there any advice that someone can give? If I do have to pay out of pocket, how much will that cost?

Old 12-08-2006, 03:39 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: PLEASE HELP ME

i had problems with the timing belt and water pump with my audi A4 at around 100,000

Old 12-08-2006, 04:26 AM
1st Gear

gg, that sux. I am having a similar problem with overheating. I would have thought that the auto shut off would have saved any possible damage to the vehicle, so now it would basically be just to look for the original problem that is causing the overheating (as I am doing with my vehicle).

But good luck anyway and I hope it does not cost to much

Old 12-08-2006, 11:24 AM
1st Gear

Not sure if this is correct for every state, but i know when you purchase a used car from a dealer in MA and RI they are required by law to give you depending on mileage 60-90 day warranty covered by the dealer. Sometimes it has a deductable sometimes it doesnt. These are things you might need to discuss with your dealer. Was the car Certified preowned...Im assuming not if you are having issues within the first couple weeks.

But you might want to talk to your dealer about that. just a thought

Old 12-08-2006, 11:41 AM
1st Gear

Your profile says you are from Kansas city. if it Missouri try this if its kansas try this

Old 12-09-2006, 05:56 AM
1st Gear

girly, it might be a bad tensioner on the timing belt not holding tension to the water pump or it could be a bad thermostat. Regardless you have to tear down the face of the motor to fix it up.

-Simon