Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with my HID kit for my "00" 2.7T

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Default Please help with my HID kit for my "00" 2.7T

I just got a kit for 8000k bulbs and I hooked up the right side no problem looks nice, I then did the same thing for the left side and the light went on and looked good for about 5 minutes, the left side shut off and when I try to turn it back on it will blink lightly and go off completley.

I made sure that the issue wasn't with the ballast and the light because if I hook up the left ballast and light to the right side it goes on no problem and if I attempt to hook up the right bulb and ballast to the left side it will blink and turn off... Could the issue be with the cars harness the hooks up the light housing?? Is it possible there isn't enough power getting to the wires??

Old 08-30-2008, 11:43 PM
3rd Gear

Your car is made at you. It's telling you to get the 8k rice **** out of your car and put the appropriate 4300-5000k bulbs in there.

Seriously, I have no idea what is wrong.

Jeff

Old 08-31-2008, 12:03 AM

lol what's wrong with having blue lights lol??

Old 08-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Banned

Lmao 8ks are rediculous and not for audi. There more for Honda civics that no one pays attention to. You have a bad balast I'm sure or bulb is junk you shoulda got a 4300k 55watt kit from ddmtuning.com

Old 08-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Banned

I think anything higher than 5k hid makes the car look cheap sell ur 8ks to Asians

Old 08-31-2008, 02:36 AM
1st Gear

8000k is if get it from the right people now 10000k is rice but 8000k is nice white with a lil bule 4300k and 5000k is basic stock if ima put HIDS on any car and spend some money on it i want some one to notice that my car is different from every one else with the same car

Old 08-31-2008, 11:22 AM
1st Gear
Default hid

Originally Posted by sugfree2k1
I just got a kit for 8000k bulbs and I hooked up the right side no problem looks nice, I then did the same thing for the left side and the light went on and looked good for about 5 minutes, the left side shut off and when I try to turn it back on it will blink lightly and go off completley.

I made sure that the issue wasn't with the ballast and the light because if I hook up the left ballast and light to the right side it goes on no problem and if I attempt to hook up the right bulb and ballast to the left side it will blink and turn off... Could the issue be with the cars harness the hooks up the light housing?? Is it possible there isn't enough power getting to the wires??
are some threads about it, keep looking, for what i found when i install mine , you need an resistor between the terminals of your car harness plug, but that is to don`t have the "burn bulb out" in your warning indicator. i didn`t use any resistor on my kit, but you can try that, only by monday, late night i am able to tell you more details about the resistor and diagram , i am out of town for few days.
be safe, also try to reverse the bulbs and ballast , probably you have a bad ballast...

Old 08-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Banned

having that blue is just trash.. there not white there BLUE trust me i know ive got tons of hids in my garage of different kinds and color temps. then when you put them in projectors it makes em look even worse. because of the cut off sheild inside the projector it makes em look more blue and thats ugly with anything higher than 5k. take for example maximas. they have 4300k and they are usually purple and look really nice from oncoming traffic. the higher the color temp, the less light output, so your better off keeping halogens if your doing 8k in projectors. 4300k sets out 3200lumins of light and 8k is like 1000 which is awful specially in projectors. i would still do a 55 watt kit from ddmtuning in 4300 youll be way happier with the light output and color of them. or if you want white then do 6k in 55 watts. 4300k in 35watt kit = 3200lumins
4300k in 55watt kit = 5100 lumins <<< way more light.
8k make you look cheap and more likely to get pulled over cause there not legal.

Last edited by afstud6900; 08-31-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

all you guys ragging about this guy for his preference in bulbs need to seriously shut the F up, and either help him or go to the next thread... Im sure half you guys talking crap have some ugly ghetto *** crap on your car...

as for your original issue, try relocating the ballast, it may be a heat issue... i had the same problem with my kit, and had sporatic issues with getting the passanger side to light up... I relocated the ballast to where it would get some heat diffusion/air, and problem disappeared.

I believe its a safety issue, better for your bulbs to not ignite, than to cause a fire.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by afstud6900
having that blue is just trash.. there not white there BLUE trust me i know ive got tons of hids in my garage of different kinds and color temps. then when you put them in projectors it makes em look even worse. because of the cut off sheild inside the projector it makes em look more blue and thats ugly with anything higher than 5k. take for example maximas. they have 4300k and they are usually purple and look really nice from oncoming traffic. the higher the color temp, the less light output, so your better off keeping halogens if your doing 8k in projectors. 4300k sets out 3200lumins of light and 8k is like 1000 which is awful specially in projectors. i would still do a 55 watt kit from ddmtuning in 4300 youll be way happier with the light output and color of them. or if you want white then do 6k in 55 watts. 4300k in 35watt kit = 3200lumins
4300k in 55watt kit = 5100 lumins <<< way more light.
8k make you look cheap and more likely to get pulled over cause there not legal.
i had 8000k on my mazda milliena with projectors and when i went to inspection the guy said something about my other lights but nothing about my hids after he gave me my paper saying i passed i asked why he didnt say any thing about my HIDS he said he thought they where stock because they were not blue