Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

printing from Bentley manual?

Old 05-01-2009, 03:32 PM
2nd Gear
Default printing from Bentley manual?

I use Vista and it won't print. I just loaded it on XP and it still gives an error when I try to print. Has anyone printed from this CD other than Print Screen. How are you doing it and what Operating System are you using? They told me it works with XP. Probably Windows 2000.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

Mine prints fine using XP home.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:15 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks I'll try it again.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:41 PM
3rd Gear

It worked for me on XP as well.

By the way, you can try using a .pdf program such as PrimoPDF. It captures the whole document as compared to what you get in a "PrintScreen" frame.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:48 PM
4th Gear

By the way, you can try using a .pdf program such as PrimoPDF. It captures the whole document as compared to what you get in a "PrintScreen" frame.
Agree.. save it to pdf.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:00 AM
2nd Gear

Vista absolutley hates these type programs. Can't copy, save, nothing it just shuts it down even in administrator.
I'll definatley try again on the XP with the firewall down.
I only tried it once and it shut down the program. The only thing it has in common with my others is Norton 360. I'll have to turn that off.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:01 AM
4th Gear

eww..norton

Old 05-02-2009, 09:24 AM
3rd Gear

Don't feel bad --- We only have 1 Vista computer out of 5 at our house. The remaining 4 have XP-Pro. Two of the 4 came with Vista and I quickly "downgraded" because many of the programs I use do not work with it. My 3 work computers also have been "downgraded" to XP.

The single Vista machine is a my daughter's lap top. The only reason it is Vista is that college she attends requires it. I takled with them about it and the idiot in their IT dept insists that Vista is the best but when there is a problem he hasn't a clue.

VISTA is the biggest joke MS has ever pulled on the computer community.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:39 AM
2nd Gear

Tell me about it. I remember the same problems when XP (extra problems) came out it always takes a few years.
Vista is so slow from the graphics and firewall protection. I like how it asks me if it's OK every time some virus tries to access a file. That's a good thing

The biggest Joke is I loaded Vista on all my computers to keep up with my newest. After the mess of finding drivers to get all the others working no way am I going back although I have thought about it. XP would be so lightning fast on this computer.

I need to just play with XP. I saw the msg shook my head and walked away. I'll try again. If I can get it to work I'll set up a partition and run it on the new one.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:43 PM
4th Gear

VISTA is the biggest joke MS has ever pulled on the computer community.
Naww... that honor belongs to WinME...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: printing from Bentley manual?