Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q50 vs A6

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Q50 vs A6

So I'm looking at the Q50 vs A6. I was planning on buying the A6 initially until I saw the interior tech in the Q50 (I love gadgets). With the specs I like, they're only about 3K difference. I'm more particular with interiors, gadget, and looks than handling. This will be my first luxury car so I'm pretty sure the driving dynamics will be good for me regardless (and I don't mind leaving myself space to "upgrade" into a car with better handling in the future, as my income will only look to go up in the future)

Q50: Premium Non-hybrid, AWD, with Nav + Deluxe package = ~48K
Audi A6: Premium Plus 2.0T Quattro ~51K

I'd appreciate any insight, especially in terms of:
1. Upkeep - MPG, parts / service
2. Value for money
3. Depreciation
4. Lease offers (still deciding whether to lease or buy)
5. Interior gadgets.

I also posted this in a Q50 forum to see both sides. Thanks!

Old 06-12-2013, 09:13 AM
1st Gear

I have owned an Infinity before and they are a very nice car. The Q50 is awesome looking and has pretty good tech. If you price it out to an A6 with similar equipment it is a little less money (I was surprised). The one place the Audi excels hands down is with their MMI control and Google Maps Navigation. Personally I hate touch screens for several reasons. Finger prints and responsiveness. The Quattro system is among the best out there. Not sure about the Infinity all-wheel drive system. You should base your decision on both what feels best to you. Both are great cars with lots of Tech. Also check out Cnet review of cars. Not sure if they have done the Q50 yet or not.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:00 PM
2nd Gear

I never had or even cared for an Infinity but doesn't the Q50 compete with the BMW 3 series and therefore the Audi A4?
So to actually compare you would have to get the A4 and fully load it to your needs which will make the price go down nicely compared to a somewhat loaded A6.

Anyhow In general I would agree that you should get what "feels" best for you. Personally I would go for the A6 anytime but I'm biased :P
As mentioned the Quattro system is pretty much the best AWD you can get and when it comes to looks and gadgets you usually cannot go wrong with Audi (not saying there isn't better stuff out there!).
Maintenance and depreciation of luxury cars is almost always horrible. I don't think the Infinity would be much better than Audi or any other luxury car out there. You will always find people who praise a certain brand or model and you will always find people who had nothing than bad experience.