Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quattro engage randomly

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Quattro engage randomly

Hi guys.

My car is98 A6 2.8 quattro. Transmission is pretty in good condition. Runs well.

Dealer serviced trans flush about a half year ago.

The thing is,

I sometimes feel stronger quattro grip and stability after takingcorners severely, boldly.

So, at the first driveof the day,to get better quattro feeling, I drive tough on purpose..

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Old 04-02-2008, 07:27 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Quattro engage randomly

I think you'll blow your transfer case and tranny doing that. If i remember right, you have a quattro4 system, so you'll eat your brakes alive doing that as well. Baby your car and it will baby you.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:49 AM
1st Gear

How much did the dealer charge you to change your tranny fluid? My local dealer won't do it unless there is an issue- they say it's lifetime- that is debated. Also, is this a relatively easyDIY project? I don't have a VAG-

Old 04-02-2008, 04:11 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: jcyj2

The thing is,

I sometimes feel stronger quattro grip and stability after takingcorners severely, boldly.

So, at the first driveof the day,to get better quattro feeling, I drive tough on purpose..

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Quattro is permanant. It does not disengage or engage. It just transfers torque to appropriate wheels that have the most traction. With that said, I am not quite understanding your question. Can you describe more what is happening? It maybe that you are just heating up your tires fast which will give you better traction.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:07 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for thefeedbacks..

to hxgaser : I cannot quite explain the situation I have.. but I will try. Duringdrive normally,car easilyleans to opposite side of the corner. After some brutality, car just grips the road, and takes the turns just as the quattroshould do. No lean-to-one-side happens. Also, I feel the angels'supporting from the rear wheels. Just feel good.

to toolagit2qwit : I think the dealer is right. Flushing is not always good to the transmission, especially the bad trans or never have done flush over thousands miles. So, if the dealer declines, justask for the twice fluid change.It's safer than flush, and better than normalfluid change.

to vaportrails : I would keep in mind your suggention. yes, it is my baby, German baby is a baby, too.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:18 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: toolagit2qwit

How much did the dealer charge you to change your tranny fluid? My local dealer won't do it unless there is an issue- they say it's lifetime- that is debated. Also, is this a relatively easyDIY project? I don't have a VAG-
I was just charged $440 for mine because my nice stealership did not tell me the Fluid was lifetime and to my stupidty should have asked on here before i did it. I do have DIY if you want it TOOL. PM me ur E-mail and ill email it to you!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:38 PM
1st Gear

I think someone needs to lay off the pipe.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:47 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: WeezyTT

??????

Old 04-06-2008, 04:44 PM
1st Gear

Flush w/ filter & gasket are $375.oo

Old 04-06-2008, 05:14 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: WeezyTT

QFT

Quick Reply: Quattro engage randomly