Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quattro huh? Who says we can't get stuck

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 12:28 PM
1st Gear
Default Quattro huh? Who says we can't get stuck

I never thought that Iwould see an A6 stuck in the snow and then see it pushed out by an A4. Just watch [:@]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crnAn...ted&search=

Old 08-25-2007, 01:56 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Quattro huh? Who says we can't get stuck

Kind of tough to see, but it did not look like the A6 front wheels were spinning. He did a good job of spinning the rears until the ground under the tires was nice and icey and slippery. It's also tough to get out while turning the front wheels - you have to establish some forward motion first and then steer out. I'll also bet he had summer tires.

I'vedrivenxmyA6after 8-9" storms before the streets were plowed. Not only does mine go through snow better than any other vehicle I've ever had (including a couple CJ7's, one with 35" mud tires), but it takes a little work to break it loose and make it fishtail.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:36 PM
1st Gear

I wouldn't be pushing anyone out with my A6 I can promise you that. I can't imagine the spiderwebbed paint on both of those bumpers after that little ordeal.

If anything, use the tow hooks on each vehicle and PULL it out, but even that I would probably avoid at all costs.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:34 PM
2nd Gear

Real genius at work in this clip. Firstly, as stated above, the kid had the wheels to the left or right depending on when/where/what the camera-man was shooting. Secondly he wasn't shifting forward and back to rock the car out.

Was this his first time driving in the snow?

At least their jackets were cool.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:41 PM

Quattro doesn't help you if your running summer tires...I've been running Michelin Pilot Alpins for winter and trust me, there's a huge difference.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23110/F99A74D1D99B4853A34F04B486C4DFD4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-26-2007, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

his car was modified with aftermarket exhaust lol so it doesnt count as a real a6 hahah j/k anyways i dont know how he ended up like that but i can tell you this. the car will get out of blizzard that is not compacts snow....it looks like the street was already plowed and he hit the snow bank with all the compressed snow and i can tell you i dont car what stock height of a car you own u will never get out as soon as your frame is on a snow bank without the wheels touchin the anyways audi still owns because it took another audi to get him out lol

Old 08-27-2007, 01:31 AM
1st Gear

Maybe the German cars didnt like the russians driving them? Not the best history between those two countries...[:-]

Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 PM
2nd Gear

Guys..thats called no ESP on a first year C5 2.8...ESP would get the car out guaranteed...and yes the whole video was the blind leading the blind.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:36 AM
1st Gear

esp?

Old 08-29-2007, 01:31 PM
2nd Gear

ESP = Electronic Stablility Program

It was a standard feature on A6's starting in '01.

Quick Reply: Quattro huh? Who says we can't get stuck