Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quattro huh? Who says we can't get stuck

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Default RE: Quattro huh? Who says we can't get stuck

do tanks have ESP

Old 08-29-2007, 06:07 PM
2nd Gear

With ESP on it moves power instantly were needed...no brakes applied. In the snow, all 4 wheels should turn where the wheel needs traction or take away power where the wheel is slipping. Without ESP on, I have full 4 wheel drive and can crab walk the car like no other. With it on it takes an act of God to slip. And yes, my car is a tank weighing in at 5400lbs. That video was a bunch of duded that didnt have a clue what the hell they were doing.

He was on flat ground too. Either something is wrong with his quattro system or he has no ESP or a early model C5. BTW- I drive on summer tires all year becasue this is seattle with little snow. It did happen to snow heavily fro 3 days last year and the car still out performed everything else, by that I mean SUV's and 4X4's in the ditches.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:53 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: prbayha
BTW- I drive on summer tires all year becasue this is seattle with little snow. It did happen to snow heavily fro 3 days last year and the car still out performed everything else, by that I mean SUV's and 4X4's in the ditches.
Hahaha, I live in Spokane, we tend to make fun of you guys when you actually get a taste of winter. I was there for a school trip years ago and we were standing on the sidewalk in downtown bellvue watching people sliding and ditching their cars over some HAIL.

Its amazing watching people freak out over a little bit of snow or hail.

You guys did get some nasty weather last year, because of that snow, and the fact that they down own any snow equipment mean it all got compacted down and every sidestreet was layered in ice... that sucked im sure!

Old 09-02-2007, 01:17 PM
1st Gear

Im in Spokane to, I remember seeing on tv last year when Seattle got a small snow fall and the masses of people who just left their cars on the freeways and walked

I have never had a problem here with my audi thanks to ESP!

Old 09-04-2007, 09:45 PM
2nd Gear

It was hilarous...friggin nightmare with morons behind the wheel following other morons. I never missed a beat on my summer tires (Kuhmo ASX). I was more afraid of some douche hitting me. It was fun getting on a on-ramp by Northgate Mall in Seattle. It has a very slight grade, and I mean slight...and a u-turn corner..basically a sweeper. This G35 was spinning all over holding up traffic and the 3 goons pushing it werent helping. So, I got frustrated..more like impatient..and wanted to show off the Quattro. I literally went around the car in the friggin grass (by this time everything is covered with 6" +) Never slipped. The douches just stared at me while I went by. I then turned off ESP and slammed it, getting it sideways and of course showing off. Girlfriend was pissy about it, butI would do it again in a heartbeat..I love the SNOW.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:05 PM

haha oh yeah i love snow driving...we get constant snow from well usualy december till early march some early and later snow but that would have been awesome to do...i found i cant do as much "fun" stuff in the car with a lady in there cause they dont think we have control over our vehicle i know i am only 17 but i havent spun out....and i shouldnt now with my audi can't wait for the first winter

Old 09-04-2007, 10:57 PM

I never missed a beat on my summer tires (Kuhmo ASX).
Your Kuhmo ASX are an all-season tire...it helps...
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...&tc=KUMHV5

Old 09-05-2007, 12:03 PM
1st Gear

It was hilarous...friggin nightmare with morons behind the wheel following other morons. I never missed a beat on my summer tires (Kuhmo ASX). I was more afraid of some douche hitting me. It was fun getting on a on-ramp by Northgate Mall in Seattle. It has a very slight grade, and I mean slight...and a u-turn corner..basically a sweeper. This G35 was spinning all over holding up traffic and the 3 goons pushing it werent helping. So, I got frustrated..more like impatient..and wanted to show off the Quattro. I literally went around the car in the friggin grass (by this time everything is covered with 6" +) Never slipped. The douches just stared at me while I went by. I then turned off ESP and slammed it, getting it sideways and of course showing off. Girlfriend was pissy about it, butI would do it again in a heartbeat..I love the SNOW.

I love that Northgate on ramp, I use to work up behind the Northgate mall when I lived in Tacoma.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:40 PM
2nd Gear

Typo on last post...I just replaced the Kuhmo Ecsta SPT's (summer tires)with the ASX's because Tire Rack said the ASX's last longer and will have better grip in rain. It rains alot in Seattle...The SPT's were good tires but they wore really quick. For $103 bucks a tire it was a screaming deal.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:50 PM
1st Gear

ya the Kumo's I have on my 93Corrado sucked in the rain, at first I thought it was just real nose haevy due to the VR6, but found out that it was the tires. But when I moved to Spokane there is a lot less rain, they do real good over here, since I don't drive it in the winter. Ever...

Quick Reply: Quattro huh? Who says we can't get stuck