Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about colors

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 04:04 PM
1st Gear
Default Question about colors

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. My wife has had a Q7 for almost a year now and I am convinced that Audi's are the best cars in the world.

I am looking for a used/certified 2010/11 A6 Prestige, but I am still unsure about colors. I like the Adventura Blue Pearl and Night Blue Pearl and I saw one for sale with light gray interior. I am worried about how quickly that light gray will get dirty. I have 2 kids, a 10 year old and 6 year old, so you can see what I am dealing with. They would not be in my car as much as the wife's Q7. Should I steer away from the light gray and stick with the black? My car would mostly be in a garage at home or parking garage at work, so not worried about the heat issue. My current car is a black on black VW TDI Jetta, so I am used to the heat from black interior.

I also like the Oyster gray exterior. I am not a big fan of lighter grays because there are so many cars that color out there. If anybody has the Adventura Blue, how do you like it?

How about light gray interiors? I have read about protecting with a product called Zymol. Anybody with light gray interior have any experience with stain prevention?

Thanks in advance for all your input!
Ron

Old 11-16-2011, 05:18 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

essentially the condition of the interior is going to depend on how well you care for it. a good leather protectant will clean and condition your seats to help them "resist" getting dirty. regular applications will be required, regardless of the color of the interior.

my car is "brilliant black" and shows dirt and waterspots like crazy. it looks AWESOME when clean but rarely stays that way for long. I have seen really nice looking cars (all makes) in a wide variety of colors/shades. pretty much like with the interior, the way the car looks/will continue to look, depends on how well you take care of it.

"train" the kids that your (and the wife's) cars are investments and instill the importance of taking care of them. they will be less likely to make messes (though it will happen) and more likely to be willing to help with upkeep.

-just my opinions

Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 PM
3rd Gear

My three young kids destroyed the interiors of several minivans with puke, spilled milk, ketchup, you name it. Even as teen agers they were none too neat. So I bought my Audi (silver exterior/black interior) when they were older teen agers. I think any interior will stand up to occasional, reasonable kid abuse but you'll have to keep up with the cleaning and use a good Meguiar's eqivalent leather cleaner regularly. (Doesn't help much when the 19-year old daughter leaves a pint of chocolate milk under the seat for 2 weeks in the summer when the car was parked in the garage.)

I think my black interior is great looking but the dark blue with light gray interiors are super. It's just hard keeping dark colors clean and water spots really show. The "dolphin gray" of some older A4s is also a real nice color and should not show dirt that easily.

Good luck with your choice. You must be a glutton for punishment wanting to be a two OOOO family.