Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Question

Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Quick Question

Im extremly new to owning an Audi or anything that classes with it. I would like to do some upgrades on it but finding parts for my car are extremly hard... My ? is does anyone provide a supercharger/turbo application for the 2006 A6 3.2 quattro and are there anywhere I can get a ecu chip flash done. Ive searched for a cpl days now and all i can come up with is the jet ecu chip but i dont know if i want to do that. and perhaps any bolt on exhaust applications other than the remus. Thanks for your help.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:13 PM
3rd Gear

Nothing much for 3.2. PES has ecu tuning. Other than that, nothing that I know of.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:45 PM
2nd Gear

Unitronic also has software. Other than that, and possibly an exhaust upgrade, there is not much you can do to improve power. If you want to dramatically improve handling, install an H&R rear sway bar.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:26 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the quick replies... what would b the optimal choice between the pes or unitronic systems? Im not looking for crazy gains... I ran a 15.2 today so i figure that if I can get a good engine tune, some nice high performance plugs, an exhaust and some sort of light weight underdrive pulley then I can probably make mid to low 14's which is exactly where I wanna be. Not too fast but quick enough to have fun.

what are your takes on the pulstar plugs? I ran them in my 08 lancer and they made a pretty significant difference in the throttle response and the off the line jump.they also made the car accelerate smoother through the entire power band. How are the comparisons in this car if anyone knows?

Old 07-14-2009, 12:00 AM

I've never used the plugs and am debating a chip right now myself. Honestly though, w/ all the mods you named, you MIGHT be looking at a 40hp gain - hardly enough to get low 14s. By all means, still do the mods, but don't get your hopes up. Just enjoy it for what it is - a nice luxury car and a hell of a step-up from a Lancer.

Last edited by gone postal; 07-14-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 AM
2nd Gear

I think that you are going to find it very difficult, if not impossible, to run low 14s with a 3.2

Old 07-14-2009, 12:50 PM
2nd Gear

I dont think these mods will shave that much time.
ECU upgrade will add minimal HP, but will improve throttle response. Exhaust don't add much HP either.
I am not sure about a supercharger for yuor car
Focus on handling, braking, looks.... there are plenty of options there.
Good luck

Old 07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the tips... I didnt realize that i would get such little power gains. But this is my new project car which means that I am going to take my time over the next couple years and sculpt it into what I want it to be. I think by the time i finish all of my perofrmance mods and add them to suspension mods along with weight reduction mods (ex. c/f hood, body kit, light weight rims etc.) and some good racing class tires i think that this car is going to be one sexy beast!!! lol and you right this is a huge step up from the lancer. my ctv gts ran a 16.2 with a k&n typhoon, lightweight pulley and pulstars. but I could really take a corner. what are some goor reputable companies that make body parts and suspension parts for this car?

Old 07-14-2009, 04:13 PM
3rd Gear

To be honest with you, you picked a wrong car to mod. A6s are not mod friendly. Not that it can't be done, but most people buy A6 for style, comfort and good all around nature of the car. It is not for all out speed, nor extreme body upgrade. (Although 2.7T can remedy the speed portion...) Anyways, if you want a car that will out gun most other vehicles, I say you get rid of your A6.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hxgaser
To be honest with you, you picked a wrong car to mod. A6s are not mod friendly. Not that it can't be done, but most people buy A6 for style, comfort and good all around nature of the car. It is not for all out speed, nor extreme body upgrade. (Although 2.7T can remedy the speed portion...) Anyways, if you want a car that will out gun most other vehicles, I say you get rid of your A6.
I picked the A6 for that very reason. Not many people have them and modding is difficult. So when I am finished with my car not only will it look and run great, but it will be extremly unique and rare. Even now the roads are littered with a4's and tt's. Its rare to see an a6 much less an A6 with any mods on it.
I do understand what you are saying, but after you wrap a car around a tree in excess of 100mph and spend 2 years in therapy speed isnt your number #1 priority. I want a great all around car that feels looks and drive like a dream and i think that the A6 is a great place to start.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quick Question