Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question about symphony II

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:02 PM
1st Gear
Default quick question about symphony II

hello all,

long time reader not too much of a poster seeing as how i dont have half the knowledge of audi's as most of you do. I jus have a question about the symphony II. I recently had my battery die on me and through the help of the board I was able to push through it. For a while my radio would not turn on and light up after the battery died. After learning about the fuse in the back of the radio i got removal keys and changed out the fuse, thus making the radio work. I still have Two problems: The radio does not turn off automatically when the keys are removed from ignition, I have to manually turn it off every time. Also the backlights of the radio wont turn on. All I see is the display of the radio stations and cd tracks. Any info on what I did wrong or what I can solve would be great. Thank you all in advance.

Brian

Old 01-23-2008, 10:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: quick question about symphony II

IF your radio turned off when ignition was turned off and you had back light, before you took out the radio, then pull it out again, check the wires/plugs at the back. Somehow you may have a loose wire/ connector.
Did you need / put in the radio code to get it to work ? I thought all Symphony II's needed the security code to work properly.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:56 PM
1st Gear

pulled radio out seemed as though one of the wires was not plugged in all the way. and to my surprise i didnt have to enter a radio code just plugged in the new fuse and i was good to go. now if i can only figure out how to take the stuck key out ill be in business[:@]

Old 01-24-2008, 11:14 PM
1st Gear

You lucked out, my '95 Audi 90 radio needed a code if disconnected from the battery, as does my '02 A6 with symphony II. Is your broken key stuck in one of the door locks? That happened to me, took it to a locksmith, he fooled around for half hour and could not get it out. Then 2 weeks later my second key finally went into the lock ? I think the broken key blade worked it's way through and out the back of the key cylinder.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:46 AM
3rd Gear

All my radio's require codes but I have seen a few advertised on E-bay that claim they don't need one. []

I think the radio code thing is horrible! If you didn't get the code with the car or lost it you have to go to a stealership. I have heard some horror stories abouthow honest people are treated when they try to get the code for their radio. And even worse if theyhave to replace a radio and try to get the code for a used one. [:@]

Without the code an Audi owner either walks in fear or dosen't understand he is headed for trouble!