Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ran into too many problemss ... :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Default Ran into too many problemss ... :(

I bought a 2000 Audi A6 2.7 T with 118000 miles on it. The car looked good at that time and nothing was wrong with it but when i got back to my place ... I started finding out problems, first of all, the keyless entry did not work (I changed the battery but still it doesn't work), probably it needs to be reprogrammed? Then the front passenger side headlight went off and then the tail light too. After 30 minutes they came back on again (They keep going on and off once in while).... Then the dome lights started flickering. According to the LCD display, left passenger side door was open, I shut it tight but still it keeps showing me the same sign. In addition to that, the headlights change their color (strange but true) sometimes they are blue, sometime they are yellowish, I have no clue wht's going on....
Could anyone of you please help me out? I need to know how the keyless remote is reprogrammed? What's wrong with this car and where can I get it fixed for cheap? I live in Mankato, MN (Near Minneapolis, MN)....

Thanks.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:49 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Ran into too many problemss ... :(

Did you not Carfax it? Do you not have a decent inde mechanic to look at it? Sounds major bro!

OOOO

Old 05-01-2007, 08:12 PM
1st Gear

sounds haunted

Old 05-01-2007, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

Do the word "fixed cheap" and "Audi" go together?

I hope you can get the issue resolved quickly and inexpensively, but it sounds like a major electrical problem and someone is going to want a lot of money just to diagnose the problem(s).

Old 05-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Site Moderator

The problem is the door latch, if the door latch malfunctions it can play havoc on your vehicle's systems as well keep the keyless entry from working. Replace that faulty latch and it should be fine.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:44 AM

Joeski, I checked the carfax and it looked perfectly fine to me. I didn't ask any mechanic to look into it, that was the major blunder I did ... Anyways Thanks though.
(ausitech79) It could be the door latch, you are right,I talked to one of the mechanics near by and he's asking $1200 to fix all the electrical problems.
Thanks everyone for your support.Another question, how much does it usually cost to get new tires for this car? just an estimate?

Old 05-02-2007, 02:55 AM
2nd Gear

Reprogramming the fob is easy man, just take some time to search and you will find it.

1. Put key into drivers door
2. Unlock the doors
3. Lock the doors
4. Press unlock on the fob
5.Press lock on the fob
6.DONE

Easy huh?

Old 05-02-2007, 12:22 PM
2nd Gear

I would say in a situation like this to take it to a good well known Audi dealer and have them do a full sweep of the car.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

Even a carfax is not gold when it comes to buying cars... I bought a one owner 2001 A6Q clean carfax.. looked good all over.. but the more I looked at details... I think my car has been in a minor accident and had damage repaired.. it looks fine... except if you look close at the head lights the rings around the Xenon lights are different. I also have found glass deep in the trunk.. places where it would be hard to get.. slight overspray on a wheel.. It could have been vandalism but you can see why there is a need to look at everything and have someone look it over.. Mechanically I am lucky and the car is great... but this is not always the case for everyone,

Old 05-02-2007, 03:04 PM
3rd Gear

Carfax is almost a waste of money. I have seen too many times cars I know have been in accidents not being listed on Carfax. Cars listing only one owner that really had three or four, but somehow carfax missed it. Carfax is just a basic tool for finding those 1 in a 1000 lemons out there, nothing else. Check your headlight grounds and wires of course. Also if you have hids, they have to warm up, they start out a blue and slowly change to white/yellow. Slowly meaning over 30secs or so. 1200 seems like a lot of money for some really simple stuff.

Jeff