Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re: pressure light!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:29 PM
aXc
1st Gear
Default Re: pressure light!

Ok so finally after a 2 week waiting period, I finally got to take my 00 A6 (2.7T) to the dealership to get it checked out. About two weeks ago, the pressure warning lights came up on the instrument display as I was going up a big hill. I pulled over and checked the oil levels, they were fine at the time. Anyways, I sent it to the dealership to get them to check it out, and they couldnt' find anything wrong with it, they also confirm that the oil levels were fine. Ironically, as I'm driving home from the dealership, driving up that same hill, the oil pressure warning light appeared AGAIN. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I also had my MIL lights on earlier, and the mechanic told me that it was picking up fault codes for o2 sensors and cylinders misfiring but they were all sporadic. I think they also got a code for air flow and too much resistance or something (don't have the papers with me), but they were also all sporadic and he told me it was fine. He did however tell me that the control module is kinda wonky but didn't recommend me to replace it unless I was starting to notice my ride getting rougher. What also pissed me off was that my MIL lights came on again after getting reset about an hour before the oil pressure lights went off driving up that hill. Any thoughts or comments?

Old 03-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Re: pressure light!

Well the miss-firing part of it is most likely your coolant temp sensor, look behind the engine on the passenger's side for the coolant temp sensor, if it's black not green thats most likely the cause of the sporatic miss-fires. When it stores a sporatic fault you can check the OBD freeze memory and see what the coolant temp was at the time, when it misses the coolant temp usually reads -20 degrees or more which isn't right, ifhe were a good tech he would have known that. As far as the oil pressure light i would have someone hook up an oil pressure gauge at the sender and see what the pressure is.