Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Power Windows don't work from back seat controls

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 08:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Rear Power Windows don't work from back seat controls

The power windows for the back seat don't work from the back seat control only from the driver's seat controls?

Is this a child safety feature that I can undo? I don't have a manual so your help is really appreciated, thanks in advance.

siDDy

Old 04-10-2006, 03:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Rear Power Windows don't work from back seat controls

I found the same issue with my car. I noticed it after my stereo install and thought I messed something up. Glad that isn't the case. I have yet to get them working though.

I have to stop at the stealership tomorrow. I'll inquire there.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:34 AM
1st Gear

Hi, same problem here. It's probably the window lock out control on the driver door. That's where my problem is. Push the button down and hold it and then try to let the back windows down. I tried it after reading another persons question and answer. You can buy the switch for about $90, or you can try to take the switch out and clean the contacts. It may work. Good Luck

Old 04-13-2006, 03:32 PM
1st Gear

Hey,

On the outer edge (end) of either the driver door or the rear seat doors is a key slot . If you use the ignition key and unlock them manually, your rear windows should work (I think that there is one on each rear door). If at this point you can't unlock them it may be a wiring issue with the buttons/controls on the driver door. Hope this helps. Darn child proofing.

-D

Old 04-16-2006, 12:57 PM
3rd Gear

The switchs in the door only prevent the interior door handle from operating. Yes for children. They are unrelated to the locking,unlocking feature or the window operation.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:10 PM
1st Gear

As with all makes of cars this is a regular problem, because! lack of use. The motors stick and get jammed up and so the Commutators in the actual motors get corroded and do not make connection to the brushes due to moisture in the air etc.

The only way to fix it is to undo the screws on the motors and tweak them YOU CANNOT PULL THE TOPS OFF OR PULL TEM BACK OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REPLACE THE BRUSHES BACK IN PLACE TO THE COMMUTATOR! remember that or its new motors.

Also check the swithes, could also be dirty too, spray them with electrical spray and check for 12volts at both sides of swich when operating. if you have powor both sides its the motor! is the fault

88 Avante