Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recieved my $7 ebay vag-com cable: My impressions thus far

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Recieved my $7 ebay vag-com cable: My impressions thus far

Well I finally took a leap and order a $7 cable from e-bay. I came in from Hong Kong within 5 days. After shipping I paid a total of like $15, couple that with the shipping time and I was stolked!

I hooked that sucker up to my vista laptop and the driver automatically installed. Peice of cake! And with a little help from NM3210, I got the program up and running just as easily!

Took me less then 10 minutes from start to finish and hooked up to my car, ready to alter the hell out of this sucker!

Let me start by saying that I already did the research and saved all of the info/directions to what I wanted to do. So all I did was to bring up the web-pages and just follow the instructions.

I changed the door locks to auto and made the windows controlable with the remote first! Easy peasy! Real fast!

I then re-coded my trans to "sport" with the option to hold 1st in tip. Again, fast and simple.

Next, I re-coded it this sucker from the A-6 codeing to the A-4 codeing. Less than 2 minutes!

Last I recalibrated my throttle body and clear any old codes that were stored.

Ever thing was smooth and easy! A peice of cake! The best part is that the car seems more responsive now! It's not like I added an extra 50 hp or anything, but it just feels like it has woken up now! The best part is that I used to have that "lag" in first gear, kinda like a dead/flat spot right after you hit the gas where it feels like it doesnt want to go, but now its gone! It feels so much better to drive now!

Well I just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case any of you were on the fence about getting it! I'd recommend it!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:04 AM
1st Gear

What year is your A6?

Old 02-27-2009, 11:32 AM
3rd Gear

Glad you got it working. You reminded me that I need to do a throttle body adaptation, don't need it, but my cars just seems to love them.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by the G man
What year is your A6?
I have a 2000 2.8 A-6.

Originally Posted by Jeffla
Glad you got it working. You reminded me that I need to do a throttle body adaptation, don't need it, but my cars just seems to love them.
Thanks! Yea I think these things need to be done every-so-often.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

I just got mine in also, but I really havent done anything with it yet. Is there anyway that you can explain to me what I have to do? I have a 2001 2.7T. Please let me know so i can use this thing also.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

Depends, what part do you need help with? Let us know what it is that you want to do.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:17 PM
1st Gear
Default cable

So all you need is this cable and a laptop and you can access all those things mentioned above? You don't need special software?

Old 02-28-2009, 01:32 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by tambleramble
So all you need is this cable and a laptop and you can access all those things mentioned above? You don't need special software?
Well, the software is free. So yes.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
1st Gear

Where does one get the software? I have the laptop (XP will suffice, yes?) I do ebay all the time, so I can order the cable no problem.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:52 PM
3rd Gear

Quick Reply: Recieved my $7 ebay vag-com cable: My impressions thus far