Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regular code questions

Old 01-31-2011, 10:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Regular code questions

I have been reading through various posts and I assume I know what the problem is, but wanted to find out a bit more. I just bought a 2000 Audi A6 Qattro, 2.7 bi-turbo. When I bought it, I had to take off the front bumper, radiator, AC condensor, and replace.
Ok, the battery was dead, so I started with a jumper pack. I drove it about 30-35 miles to a friends and parked it to get my truck. A week later I went to start it, dead battery. So I jumped it again. I drove for about 10 miles, and was sitting at construction zone. CHECK ENGINE light came on. So I go by a buddies shop and run codes (he doesnt have a Vag, I think it was a fairly cheap OBD II). Anyway, P1127, P1113, P1129, P1136 and P1138 all come up. So I reset and drove. Drove for around 20 miles and light comes back on, start smelling rotten eggs. I was half way-ish to my new home and it went into what I believe was limp mode.....lost almost all power, so I had to pull to side of highway, shut off engine and restart. Drove fine the rest of the way home, but Check Engine light was still on. Smell was still there, but not as bad.
Ok, so I replaced the battery and a shop cleared the codes. They didnt reset any throtle settings or anything like that. I also cleaned the MAF, but didnt replace. I drove for about 30 miles and again light came on. But no noticable rotten egg smell....So I ran it to an O'Reilleys and this is what their OBD II said:

P1127
Fuel system 1 CL
Fuel system 2 CL
Calc load % 13.3
Sfr degrees Fahrenheit. 188
Stft b1 % 0
Ltft b1 % -20.3
Stft b2 % 3.1
Ltft b2 % -17.1
Engine rpm 2480
Vehicle speed. 68

P1113
Ho2s 1 bank 1 heater resistance too high

P1129
Long term girl trim lily. Bank 2 system too rich

P1136
Long term fuel trim add. Fuel bank 1 system too lean

P1138
Long term fuel trim bank 2 system too lean

Vehicle info
Cal id 0001

So I assume the main issue is MAF. But I also read vacuum lines may be leaking. I dont seem to hear anything, but also am not sure where all the vacuum lines are. Can someone possibly send me a link or a copy of repair manual for this car? Please speculate as to what the problem(s) may be. My assumption is the MAF is bad, and it is causing some of the other codes to pop up in regards to the O2 sensor?

On another note, this afternoon the power steering pump started making a little noise. I checked the fluid, and it has a bunch of bubbles in it. But the level was fine. The noise got progressively worse as the day went on. By the time I got home, the steering was a bit choppy. Is this a steering pump gone bad, or is there some Audi issue I should know about in regards to this issue?

I also need a front bumper cover, preferrable grey if someone has one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff