Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing/ Adjusting fog lights on a c5

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:24 PM
1st Gear
Arrow Replacing/ Adjusting fog lights on a c5

OK, so first of all, I purchased my a6 with a tiny bit of bumper damage which also shifted the bumper slightly to the right. I recently got this adjusted back almost to original position. The bumper was also missing the fog light surround on that side when i bought it. I just purchased a replacement surround and grill but now I am having some real trouble installing it. The grill portion of the surround fits properly but the bezel over the light itself will not snap into place. It seems like the entire assembly is shifted to the right side. Is there some type of adjustment screw to align the fog lights like the headlights have? Im thinking I can use them to correct this problem. I also would like to replace the bulbs while Im tinkering around down there just so I dont have to do it again too soon. Do i have to remove the entire foglight to replace the bulb? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:40 AM

It might help to remove the two phillips screws that mount the fog light to the bumper and remove the light, as to gain a better view of how the plastic "surrounds" fit to the light. I know with mine there were 3 prongs that aligned with corresponding slots on the light itself, and always seemed easy to reinstall. keep in mind the plastic grill is installed after the surround. If there is damage to this area, I don't think that the adjuster screw for the fog light will help. These screws change the light angle internally and would not effect the overall angle of the light housing.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

The area looks fine an undamaged but when I place the bezel on the light the tab on the outside edge (the one corner without a prong) refuses to pop into anything. Also I end up with a 15mm gap between the bezel and grill while the other side sits flush. SO the 2 obvious phillips heads mount the light. There is a recessed phillips head/hex head bolt next to these is that an adjuster?