Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

scratch remover

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 12:51 PM
1st Gear
Default scratch remover

I have some scratches on my A6 that are not coming out with the scratch remover from Auto store. Does anyone has used one in the past or can recommend one that is really good. I dont care if its expensive as long as it does the job. Thanks

Old 03-01-2008, 02:34 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: scratch remover

Are you talking about scratches or swirl marks? My 4.2 is dark blue and I find that the Zaino products, which can only be purchased on the internet, do a great job with eliminatingswirl marks. I have not sufferd my first scratch yet, so I can't help you with that.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:22 PM
1st Gear

Kevin,

Swirl marks on the exterior body you mean...arent they scratches too. Thanks

Old 03-01-2008, 04:00 PM
2nd Gear

By swirl marksI am referring to the circular marks in the clear coatthat are left behind by commercial car washes or a bad detail job.Swirls are on the surface, not into the paint. When I think of scratches, it is something that penetrates the paint, not just the clear coat. You can also try the detailing forum to see if they have any suggestions.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:04 PM
1st Gear

What year and color is your car? Only reason I ask is because I though I had scratches front to back when I had first bought my car (used), my car is a black 95 a6, and I could have sworn that they were scratched and of course I went through every scratch remover on the damn shelf and buffed my car with coats of the remover and the wax. Took my car to an auto body shop and after he looked at it inch by inch the paint turned out to be cracked down to the metal and would require a sand blast to the metal and a repaint to repair it. I know it sucks but just something to consider.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:09 PM
2nd Gear

He just purchased a blue 2006 that another forum member advisesspent part of its lifein a NYC impound yard.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:13 PM
1st Gear

Scratches are not bad...just few that are visiblle from close distance. Its Midnight blue 2006

Old 03-01-2008, 09:32 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Kevin

He just purchased a blue 2006 that another forum member advisesspent part of its lifein a NYC impound yard.
[sm=chattypair.gif] "part of its life" such a vague and scary statement....

Old 03-02-2008, 06:02 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: theperfecto1

ORIGINAL: Kevin

[sm=chattypair.gif] "part of its life" such a vague and scary statement....
He may have madea decent deal on the car, but the cardoes have a "vague and scary" history. Hopefully with the Certifiedwarranty the car will not becomea repairexpense, but he is currently dealing with the annoyances of a car that may have had a tough life.According to the report ran by our fellow forum member, the car spent approximately the last six months of its 24 month life in the NYC impound yard and was then auctionedfor unpaid parking tickets. The Audi dealer that purchased the car at auctionneededa month or two with the car to make certainrepairs in order to get Audi to providecertified status and a warranty.If the car could talk I am sure it would have some very interesting stories to tell. But at this point we are all just trying to add our two cents regarding cleaning up the interior and exterior scratches.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
1st Gear

Kevin,

NYC impound makes sense but interior is flawless with some minor scratches on outside. How do we know it spent 6 months at an impound? Where does it show that kind of information? Thanks for the detail

Quick Reply: scratch remover