Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sentra SE-R Spec-V vs. A6 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:10 PM
1st Gear
Default Sentra SE-R Spec-V vs. A6 3.0

Hello everyone,

I am a mechanical engineer and I graduated from college last December and as a graduation gift for myself I bought a 2003 A6 3.0. I have had the car for 4 months now and I love it. It is a beautiful car and it oozes class and quality all over. But over the past couple of weeks I have been really enamored by the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (B15) which seems to be a pocket rocket. I just think that being single, out of college and with a new job, the Spec V will suit my personality more than the A6. The A6 with its automatic transmission is just not fun enough for me and all my life I have only driven standard.

Any thoughts on whether I should just trade in my Audi and get the Spec V? Do you guys think it is a bad idea because there seem to be quite a few Spec V haters in this forum, especially A4 owners.

Thanks.

p.s. The factory warranty on the Audi expired about a month ago and I just crossed the 50,000 miles mark. Though the car is rock solid now, I am scared about any repair issues that might crop up in the near future. This is another thing that has been weighing at the back of my mind.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Sentra SE-R Spec-V vs. A6 3.0

[q

Any thoughts on whether I should just trade in my Audi and get the Spec V? Do you guys think it is a bad idea because there seem to be quite a few Spec V haters in this forum, especially A4 owners.

What? God what a down grade. At least get something thats not FF. If you want a pocket rocket get an EVO or something with four wheel drive please! Or even better if you like the feel of the audi go test drive the S4, that will put a smile on your face.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:10 PM
1st Gear

OMG !!!

Never can compare AUDI and CART car like nissan !!!

That car is for students or chicks, but real man drive AUDI !!!

Try S4. Realy fast and fun.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:38 PM
3rd Gear

What a chauvinist, misogynistic load of crap. I see more "chicks" driving Audis than I do "MEN".

Jeff

Old 06-04-2007, 12:38 AM
2nd Gear

I agree with Jefff, what a load of BS!

back to topic...
Sentra!!!!???? The sentra is quick but poorly built and hope you like torque steer. If you must get rod of your Audi for smaller, lighter car... Get an 04 Focus SVT Euro Package and supercharge it (it outhandles 90% cars outhere and it is loaded with goodies), an Evo, a subaru, a GTI, a Mazdaspeed 3.... not a Sentra!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 AM
1st Gear

I am just amazed that he compared the 2............Audi A6.......... Nissan Sentra ..........There is no comparison.

Sentra's are like the Civic........trendy tuner crap!

OOOO

Old 06-04-2007, 09:21 AM
1st Gear

B5 S4 FTW

Old 06-04-2007, 09:25 AM
1st Gear

I just thought about this, I've actually seen more women in the A4 then I have the TT..............Swear to God!

OOOO

Old 06-04-2007, 06:26 PM
2nd Gear

If you wanted sportiness you should have known better as soon as you you drove the 3.0.The car is nice inside but the motor is barely 200 HP. Should have gotten the 2.7t manual or the 4.2. Theywould both ridiculously spank the poorly built plasticky tin box you are thinking of buying. Sentra? Anybody havea slap upside the head emoticon? HAHAHAHAH..Buy an S4 and you'll be smiling ear to ear.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 AM
1st Gear

I agree with the previously mentioned posts. I actually sold an 06 Sentra SE-R after it was traded IN for an Audi A4 2.0T MT6. What I would recommend to you are 4 cars. First the A6 2.7T MT6. Lots of tuning available, I drive one (I'm an engineer too), and a blast to drive. Second the A6 4.2. These things have torque all over the power band, and have that serious exhaust note especially with an aftermarket system on them. The motors also run forever! Third would be a B5 S4 - 2.7T MT6. Same as the A6 but lighter weight which means FUN! However finding these for sale is tough, nobody wants to get rid of them. LAST but no least is the 04+ S4. 4.2 V8 - more than 300 ponies, ground pounding torque, light weight, AWD, and best of all,... available as a 6 speed!!! With you car at 50k lots of dealerships would like to have it. Consider looking around. If you are in the New England area let me know and I'll hook you up with something I have at my work. (Audi Nashua)

Quick Reply: Sentra SE-R Spec-V vs. A6 3.0