Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service manual or repair??

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Default Service manual or repair??

I can't stand not having a manual of some sort for the vehicles I own, so I'm about to order one of these, but not sure which is best. I'm just confused which is better. Bentley makes a "Service" one that is printed and is good for DIYers, but also has the "repair" version on DVD that says is identical to what VAG techs get (I'm assuming more in-depth - includes wiring diagram, troubleshoot, etc). I'm assuming that would also cover DIYer type things such as cabin filter change, timing belt, etc right?

I do like having a printed book b/c I find it more convenient when in the garage, but I could always print pages from a DVD version for the specific task at hand when needed. Price isn't a big deal b/c DVD on Ebay is $80 and printed on Amazon is $63.

EDIT
Also, anyone have any experience w/ this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9159&viewitem=

Last edited by gone postal; 06-07-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:04 PM
3rd Gear

This DVD is all you need! Exceeds the content on the CD manuals, to fix all the problems on your valuable vehicle. Those $5-$15.00 CD's cant compete with these data packed DVD's! A CD holds 650mb of data while these DVD's hold upwards of 8,500mb plus! Wow thats alot of info!!

EVERY Wiring and Vacuum Diagram, Part, Nut & Bolt!!

This covers every possible aspect of every trim level as well!
.................................................. ..................................
~ THIS IS NOT A PIRATED COPY OF MITCHELL REPAIR SOFTWARE LIKE 90% OF OTHERS! ~ THIS IS NOT A CHEAP HAYNES, CHILTONS, MOTORTREND OR ALL DATA MANUAL! ~
If it is not a pirated copy of all of those, then it is surely a pirated copy of the Bentley...

I would respectfully say: STAY AWAY from pirated stuff sold on Ebay.
That's all those DVD/CD manuals sold on EBay are. If it was a such "COMPLETE" manual it should have surely hit the market, or Bentley/Others would have published it.
It also may happen that the software doesn't want to register and then you have to ask for a refund.
As a matter of fact this very same seller I happened to e-mail back in December when I purchased my Bentley manual, and gave me a vague answer as to what exactly this manual is...Too bad I don't keep a "communication history" folder with the EBay messages so I could edify you.

If you take your time to read all the feedback, you find quite a few people that returned the product. Of course you find an abundance of people who the product seemingly worked for, but I would rather get a Bentley official version. As someone said, at Arizona Autohaus is still $ 66.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:09 PM
4th Gear

WTF? I swear I answered this one..

Oh well, ya, I agree... That ebay'er is full of BS. '73 to '07?