Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shoudl i tuning or stay with OEM...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Default Shoudl i tuning or stay with OEM...?

1998 Audi A6 non Quattro V6 2.8

Need advice, its time to exchange shocks and i was wondering maybe better 4 me to get a sport sunsspension ( sport shocks and struts) since dont have AWD,
Did any of You made this modifications, where i can find parts and how much i shoudl lower to not lose to much of comfort.
And how much will it cost.

Thanks 4 any sugesstions.

kupiec79

Old 10-30-2005, 08:54 PM
Default RE: Shoudl i tuning or stay with OEM...?

I just replaced all struts with KYB's on my 95 FWD but left the springs. Got 4 kyb's for $225.00 also replaced both tie rod ends,another $60.00. A MUST DO upgrade for any 10 year old car.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:27 AM
4th Gear

If you are interested in actualy lowering it to improve looks/handling, and still want a good ride, i recomend eiback(sp?) pm 4dot, he has them and the ride is nice and car looks sweet.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

thanks ryan. i'm running eibiach pro-kit sport springs on mine and they are definately a good buy. they help with roll on turns and quick starts, and also you'll get less wind resistance because the car is lower, resulting in slightley better gas milage. not to even mention the more aggressive stance; all the while maintaning a sock suspention softness. i only went with the springs and not struts/shocks b/c i had good stock sport struts on the car already, i just needed it lowered.

i would say check out the condition of your existing shocks/struts and decide on a package or not from there. if they are in good condition just go with the sport springs for an average drop (1.5 or less). anything lower than that i would redo the whole supension (springs struts and all) because then you have to worry about camber ajustment so that you can get an alignments in the future, better to just get it all done at once.

good news is you don't have AWD so your labor will be a lot cheaper.

let me know if you have any other questions.