Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shuddering @ lower rpm

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 02:29 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy shuddering @ lower rpm

Hey Y'all on the way back from Charlotte yesterday my 2001 Audi A 6 2.8 fwd with a Tripp trans started to shudder when we got caught up in some traffic. My neighbor has a new vag-com system, so today we hooked it up and went for a drive the vag com showed no issues the Eng torque out put plus the trans input was the same. No miss fires on all 6 Cly all was OK.

The rpm range that its starts the stutter at is from 1750 too 2050 in all gears any speed. With the ac on or off. It does this on manual only and not in cruise control. He(the neighbor) seems to think its a throttle sensor???? and would like to know who out there would know the correct range for it on vag-com for the throttle position sensor that is? Or if anyone has had the same issue and what we can do to resolve it. Thanks in advance for your advice
Kindest of regards
Aron.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:11 PM
1st Gear
Old 06-12-2011, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

Thats a good article. I think the tps is above the pedal.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:38 AM
3rd Gear

Checking throttle position sensor resistance
Switch Fluke 83 multimeter (US 1119) to resistance range
Connect multimeter between terminals 1 and 2 of TP sensor harness connector and measure resistance .
Specification: 1500 to 2600 Ω
Measure resistance between terminals 2 and 3.
Specification in closed throttle position: 750 to 1300 Ω
Slowly operate throttle valve lever until wide open throttle position is obtained.
Specification: resistance must rise (maximum 3600 Ω )
If either specification is not obtained:
Replace throttle position sensor -G69-.
This info is for the TPS on a C4...
However, the sensor on a C5 doesn't seem to look different. Problem is: I don't think you can find to buy it as an individual replacement part.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:46 AM
1st Gear
Smile Thanks

Thanks everyone for your replays.
Really good info there I'll let you guys know how i get on.

Hey audivwlalala how far south of Canada r u ?

cos I am north of Florida
Would any of you chaps have any good reliable parts web sites that I could brow's over. Thanks again everyone
Regards Aron...

Old 06-13-2011, 08:40 PM
3rd Gear
Old 06-14-2011, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

if my car is not throwing any codes, would it be possible that the TPS is on its way out? My car is reving and bucking in the morning but then it goes away after about 5 miles. I've had the car the scanned for codes but nothing will come up? Starting to think its the throttle positioning sensor...

Old 06-14-2011, 11:08 AM
3rd Gear

How's your mpg lately? Apparently, when the TPS malfunctions it negatively affects the gas consumption.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

I think it is more with the MAF if it is cold engine, or the coolant temp sensor.
The coolant one usually throw a CEL though.

Originally Posted by Apocalypse
if my car is not throwing any codes, would it be possible that the TPS is on its way out? My car is reving and bucking in the morning but then it goes away after about 5 miles. I've had the car the scanned for codes but nothing will come up? Starting to think its the throttle positioning sensor...

Old 06-14-2011, 11:18 AM
1st Gear

what is MAF?

I read the attached TPS article in post 2 above and I'm experiencing most of the following issues.

- reving
- bucking
- hard shifting (limp mode once)
- I haven't had the car long (about 2 months) so i can't say if the MPG is a issue yet.
- if its cold out or raining it doesn't run well in the morning.

Quick Reply: shuddering @ lower rpm