Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small accident, what $ are we looking at?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Small accident, what $ are we looking at?

OK, a bad day. A small accident. Our fault. Luckily everybody involved was totally fine. Picture shown. What kind of money are we looking at? I have already roughly looked at the part price, it seems to me that they would cost at least 1000 bucks.

Bascially the passenger headlight was gone, and the air filter case was broken too. The headlight washer fluid is leaking slowly on the damaged side. The front passenger door looks totally fine but can barely open. And of course the cosmetic damages.

Oh, yes, this is a 2000 2.7t with Xenon with 133k miles and runs great.

I don't mind to fix them myself if I can find the time and good instructions on body work. But any suggestion is highly appreciated. If anybody happens to know a good shop in Lansing or Grand Rapids, MI, please let me know too. Thank you very much!

Yes, I know, we are somewhat cheap. No full coverage on this car. But we had a perfect record before and didn't think the high price + deductable was justified and the car wasn't worth a ton of money any more.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44237/0CC3B04962164FD0A313B76128D8DC03.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-06-2008, 12:04 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Small accident, what $ are we looking at?

Try, WWW.autosportsunliminted.comthey are in ZEELAND MI. towards lake michigan.
BENG

Old 05-06-2008, 07:18 AM
1st Gear

also try shokan as well.

I had someone hit and run my audi, ended up buyin new headlight set (aftermarket one), 280 on ebay, new HID kit 69, and fender I'm waiting if shokan gets the color I'm looking for they quoted me 150 + shipping.
not sure how much is the actual damagebehind the fender etc but looks like you are looking over 1k for that I think.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:33 PM
1st Gear

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I think your estimate of $1000 is waaaaaayy too low. A friend of mine damaged her Corolla's right side rear fender and rear passenger side door in a parking lot incident and her repairs cost her $1200. They did not have to replace any parts on the Corolla, just buffing and repainting.

Looking at your picture looks like you need a new fender, new hood, new head light and possibly a new bumper. I would atleast triple your estimate for repairs (somebody correct me if I am wrong).

Sorry about your car

Old 05-06-2008, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: saintforlife

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I think your estimate of $1000 is waaaaaayy too low. A friend of mine damaged her Corolla's right side rear fender and rear passenger side door in a parking lot incident and her repairs cost her $1200. They did not have to replace any parts on the Corolla, just buffing and repainting.

Looking at your picture looks like you need a new fender, new hood, new head light and possibly a new bumper. I would atleast triple your estimate for repairs (somebody correct me if I am wrong).

Sorry about your car
i agree when my car had gotten messed up i knew the guy that did mine and all he did was pull a dent out and repaint he charged me 500 but he said if i didnt know him it would have been like 1500 or 2000. so i would have to say atleast triple if not more. the most expensive thing i think for repairing our cars when stuff like that happens is the paint and the labor for doing everything

Old 05-06-2008, 03:05 PM
1st Gear

Repair and repaint fender and hood. New headlight...you are looking at atleast$2k if you want a decent job from a good body shop.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:04 PM
3rd Gear

I say at least $4K. No BS.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:31 PM
2nd Gear

id say around 3k

Old 05-06-2008, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: audia6s

Repair and repaint fender and hood. New headlight...you are looking at atleast $2k if you want a decent job from a good body shop.
2k if your buddy owns a body shop. Regularly i'd say even higher than that. All that damage isn't going to be cheap to fix, sadly nowadays there are no such things as "small accidents."

Earlier in the year I got hit in a parking lot and it was a tiny dent on the rear pannel and a bumper respray (no new parts or anything) and it ended up being around 800$ CAD.
Depending what you damaged behind the headlight i'm going with around 3500 for all that. Have you gotten any estimates yet?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:56 PM
3rd Gear

Repairs are never as cheap as we hope - there's always some hidden damage and cost. I'm over in Holland, but have not had any work done on my Audi (knock on wood). The good news is that labor costs are generally lower over here. What will help keep your costs down is finding used body parts and just having them painted.

Alternately, you're talking an 8 year old car w/133kand maybe $2-4k in repairs. European Autohaus (Chicago Dr, Holland) has been buying up lots of off-lease Audis over the past couple years and the deals are not bad, especially with the economy sucking. I think they have an S-line 2.7T for around $16-18k plus a large bunch of A4s and other A6s. Right around the corner is In-Tune which does all my Audi work, and they will probably give you an independent inspection for a reasonable cost. Let me know if you want any other info. (jjaiven@chartermi.net)

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Small accident, what $ are we looking at?