Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somebody convince me...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 03:17 AM
Default Somebody convince me...

Im going to drive a 2000 A6 2.7T tomorrow with 88K, new timing belt, new water pump, new brakes, new tires@ $9999.

I used to have a '91 Mitsu 3000GT VR-4 (twin-turbo AWD) and I loved it, but the thing was a nightmare for repairs (granted it did have 149 k mi. when i got it). Im trying not to compare a Japanese car with a German luxury auto, but its the only experience I have with an AWD twin turbo vehicle.

Im a sucker for turbo and especially 6 speeds, and I've always had a thing for Audis.

Can somebody convince me that Im going to love it and that it wont just be a balancing act between the maintenance/repairs and the joy of being behind the wheel? Or maybe I'm just looking for somebody to say "I take care of it, and it stays out of the shop."

Is going to the mechanic an inevitability? I researched as much of this forum as I can, and I read the FAQ about the 2.7T's.

I'm scared...I just don't want to be that douche-bag blocking traffic on the George Washington Bridge, because my quirky Audi decided to be an *******.

Thanks for any support/advice/wisdom you can give me.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:29 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Somebody convince me...

You will like the feel of Audi for sure. After driving the Mitshu, and then driving the Audi, will give you a sort of feel of driving a car that has been carved from granite. Of course, most ricers feel like a tin USPS mail delievery truck.

Back to your another concern - Audis are reliable just like any other car, as long as you take care of it and put geniune parts. I have seen people usually get troubles with Importeds (These are really importeds not Toyota or Hondas which are are made everywhere), as there parts are expensive, and they start looking for cheap parts and labour to maintain their cars.

Good luck!

Old 12-29-2007, 11:18 AM
3rd Gear

OK -- "Take care of it and you'll stay out of the shop."

Old 12-29-2007, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the reassurance.

I put a deposit down and Im getting it Monday.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:41 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome to world af AUDI.

The first thing you have to learn is to lift your head a little higher and stop google eyeing the girls with your tongue hanging out. Next you need to take on an air of superiority cause you have the best damn car in the world and the other jerks out there don’t have a clue. You have now moved from the mediocre to a higher plane of consciousness so don’t be surprised when you begin seeing things differently than those around you. Just remember to keep the cecrets of the brotherhood.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:07 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: NH_USA

Welcome to world af AUDI.

The first thing you have to learn is to lift your head a little higher and stop google eyeing the girls with your tongue hanging out. Next you need to take on an air of superiority cause you have the best damn car in the world and the other jerks out there don’t have a clue. You have now moved from the mediocre to a higher plane of consciousness so don’t be surprised when you begin seeing things differently than those around you. Just remember to keep the cecrets of the brotherhood.
In agreement with the guy in NH, welcome to the the brotherhood of Audi. Just don't get carried away and start messing your car with cheap strobe/neon/LED/chinese lights. Don't put anything that makes your car look like Honda Civic, or any ricer for that matter. Otherwise, the brothers of this hood will give you a little tap on your shoulder. Enjoy your ride (read car).

Old 12-30-2007, 01:32 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Nocturnal_A62.7

Just don't get carried away and start messing your car with cheap strobe/neon/LED/chinese lights.
I'll go and return the hydraulics tomorrow.

Thanks for the thread, by the way. Once I get back home next month, I'm going to start shopping for my first A6.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:35 AM
2nd Gear

Welcome to the club. Don't forget the maintenance and you will love it.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:27 AM
3rd Gear

Since you mention the GWB and you're from the NYC area, have the suspension checked out. That may be why it has new rubber. Also check the wheels carefully for bent rims. The potholes and construction work give a car a beating down there. I even hate to drive rentals on I95 in the Bronx, it's so bad.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:03 PM
gkb

Take care of your baby

Quick Reply: Somebody convince me...