Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone shoot me

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 05:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Someone shoot me

i backed into my buddies grill on his truck (smooth i know) and it left a nice dent on the right side of my trunk pushing the 2.7t quattro emblem in :[. I felt a piece of my soul die when i heard the smash =[. thankfully it missed my lights and rear bumber completely. Im thinking some places will just tell me to get a whole new trunk, anyone know a ballpark price of this? Is the dent removable? If so im guessing it would be a nice stack of money

2002 a6 2.7t

Old 03-30-2008, 06:20 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Someone shoot me

not saying ill be able to help estimate the cost, but pics would help to determine

Old 03-30-2008, 06:24 PM
1st Gear

ill try to see if i can get my hands on a digicam, id say its roughly about a foot 1/4 long and 8 inches wide

Old 03-30-2008, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

If your edges are ok and the dent is in the middle of any part then maybe they can get it out but I really doubt is since its not in the door...you are looking at $500-700 if they have to redo your trunk but that depends on where you live etc. or if you know anyone at a body shop

Old 03-30-2008, 06:43 PM
1st Gear

whoopy!

Old 03-30-2008, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

first off, i'm turning you into social services for abuse! :P sorry to hear about the car its never good hearing about an injured audi.

If it isn't creased (wow, thats a funny word to spell) it should be removable w/o much evidence. if its showing a crease you'd want to have it checked out at a body shop and see what they can do to sand it down, roll it out or just do some body puddy if its not too deep. like slurm said, it'd be easier to say if we could check out pics of the damage.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

The paint is split it one small spot, not sure if thats what you mean creased but it looks like a jagged edge and the paint could be scraped off. There was also a little crease like that on the inside of the trunk on the right part of it. The trunk opens and closes fine so im hoping the dent can just be pulled out. Im going to try to upload pics tom.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

That's not what i meant... a creased dent and a rounded dent are like comparing a folded up piece of paper and a rolled up piece of paper... when you lay them flat again, you can still see the creases in the piece thats been folded. Its similar with dents, you can pop out a creased dent but the crease is still in the metal.

This might be worth a shot....

Let me know how it goes

Old 03-31-2008, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

First of all sorry for the incident. I hate almost the same problem. My mom backed up into my car on the night of the superbowl. I was soo angry!! I had two dents on the edges of the rear fog light and the rear fogs cracked somewhat.

First of all- Get an ESTIMATE at a few different body shops.
Your hit seems to be bigger than mine. The estimate on mine was around $700-$800. Yours will most likely be more.
Never trust just one place.

Second- What you want if you want to save BIG $$$$ is "Paint Free Dent Repair" or "Paintless Dent Repair"
Its like a massaging technique used to almost like rub out the dent. Amazing stuff and soo simple.

I was lucky enough to know some one who is a family friend and also a mechanic and he told me about someone who does it.

Guy came over and fixed it in about 30 min. Spent only $125.

Look for a place that does this kind of repair or someone who can do it.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! GOOD LUCK

Old 03-31-2008, 08:40 AM
2nd Gear

If you have broken the paint, then the paint-free dent removal process is not an option. These are usually limited to small dings, anyway, which does not seem to be your case. Your options include a good, used trunk lid from a wrecking yard or repair of the current truck lid. Ineither case, unless your are real lucky, you will have to have the whole lid painted and that is where the real cost comes in.

Bob

Quick Reply: Someone shoot me