Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage III Choices

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Default Stage III Choices

ok. i've put significant research into this already.
Let me know what you think the pros and cons would be.....

1. APR $4900
2. AWE $3000 (installed)
3. VAST $2200 +
4. Peice meal $750 + Software
5. GIAC Stg III- $650 (was offered through msg)

i'm most curious about option 4. I can get Siemens 415 injectors (recommended with a fpr 3.5) for the best atomization of the fuel for about $450 installed. Was told this would be a better option than the 440's w/o the fpr. add an imported MAF housing for $170 from Canada. Talking to Unitronics and Revo about the software options right now. + the fpr

I'm having terrible problems with the Stg III - software and need to make a decision.

Option 1 is unaffordable but thought i would throw it up there anyway.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:37 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Stage III Choices

What about ASP, I am also 3-, currently GIAC 1.3bar xchip with 5bar FPR. An ample amount of my time is spent researching this exact topic. I think I am leaning towards the ASP kit
1] CNC 85mm MAF Housing for Stock Air Box [*][1] RS4 MAF Hose[*][2] MAF Hose Clamps[*][6] Siemens 630cc/min, (60lb/min) Flow Matched Injectors[*][4] Phenolic Fuel Rail Spacers[*][4] Fuel Rail Stainless Hardware[*][6] Bosch Platin F5DP0R Spark Plugs[*][1] Coolant Temperature Sensor, Oring and Clip[*][*]$2200 kinda middle of the road on price

Old 04-16-2008, 12:53 AM

Well I know that this doesn't help now, but AWE offers the Ko4's and the fueling for $5,500, thats not too bad.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: ahbrit

1. APR $4900 try 7900
2. AWE $3000 (installed) where did you find that on their site? you are looking at anywhere from 2500 to 9000... depending on if you just want just fueling, you want turbos and no manifolds or you want the whole kit....
3. VAST $2200 + 2280 + other hardware, and vast has to put them on... and they are having sourcing issues
4. Peice meal $750 + Software give me a website, cause i just searched and there is nothing
5. GIAC Stg III- $650 (was offered through msg) there is no stage 3 kit for 650

i'm most curious about option 4. I can get Siemens 415 injectors (recommended with a fpr 3.5) for the best atomization of the fuel for about $450 installed. Was told this would be a better option than the 440's w/o the fpr. add an imported MAF housing for $170 from Canada. Talking to Unitronics and Revo about the software options right now. + the fpr

I'm having terrible problems with the Stg III - software and need to make a decision.

i think you are in way over your head, or the stages are different for the a6 then they are for the s4.... cause all the a6 stage stuff should be about the same and i pulled that stuff straight off the company sites you posted as options

Old 04-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: trapped

Well I know that this doesn't help now, but AWE offers the Ko4's and the fueling for $5,500, thats not too bad.
no they don't..... cause there are no manifolds........ also you have to pull the motor for the turbo's to be put in

Old 04-16-2008, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

1. APR $4900 try 7900
2. AWE $3000 (installed) where did you find that on their site? you are looking at anywhere from 2500 to 9000... depending on if you just want just fueling, you want turbos and no manifolds or you want the whole kit....
3. VAST $2200 + 2280 + other hardware, and vast has to put them on... and they are having sourcing issues
4. Peice meal $750 + Software give me a website, cause i just searched and there is nothing
5. GIAC Stg III- $650 (was offered through msg) there is no stage 3 kit for 650

i think you are in way over your head, or the stages are different for the a6 then they are for the s4.... cause all the a6 stage stuff should be about the same and i pulled that stuff straight off the company sites you posted as options
APR: Thats the APR charge without the turbos
AWE: The price quoted me for the shop to install
VAST: Ballpark....Ok. i was off a few dollars.
GIAC: There is a kit.It's stg III-.

Hopefully that clears it up.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Guru

APR: Thats the APR charge without the turbos
AWE: The price quoted me for the shop to install
VAST: Ballpark....Ok. i was off a few dollars.
GIAC: There is a kit.It's stg III-.

Hopefully that clears it up.

no not really......... cause why would you pay 4999 for a kit not including turbos?
that is just the install price? then you have to pay for the kit on top of that?..... no, you just have a base price..... that doesn't include everything you need... that is like me saying i can buy half my car for 5 grand, but i only want half of it......... and there is a giac stage 3- kit, they use the awe stuff and charge more on top of that, here is the products page, that links you to awe's site...... which mean unlike apr, they don't really have their "own" kit:
http://www.giacusa.com/upgrade_kit.php?pid=3

like i said do some reaserch, call a few of these companies, ask them what everything will be needed and a final price..... i think most of these places have a bay to do install, so just use that as a "base" price......... then put your prices on here

i really doubt you are going to get any stage 3 - or + kit for less than 5grand, then you are looking at at least 1500 for install....... if you can't do it yourself.......... not that it isn't worth it, but just more expensive than i think you realize...........

and you will need to upgrade your clutch or tranny if you are a tip car... also you side mounts....... you really need to and i can't stress this enough SEARCH!!!!!......... ask some of the guys that are already stage 3 how much it cost them.............. i know that for the 1.8 motor it is a minumum, if going new of at least 3500- 5000 to upgrade, you might also look at atpturbo see if they have a kit...... talk to cincytt, as he has a few conections out there

Old 04-16-2008, 12:49 PM

I already have the turbos. I got kind of lost through some of your post though. I am already at Stg III- (just not happy with it)
I am interested in fueling kits only. My post was really based on a comparission of the available kits.
Yes APR is rediculously expensive and it is not an option as mentioned in my first post.
Install time will be about 1-2 hours regardless of kit.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Guru

I already have the turbos. I got kind of lost through some of your post though. I am already at Stg III- (just not happy with it)
I am interested in fueling kits only. My post was really based on a comparission of the available kits.
Yes APR is rediculously expensive and it is not an option as mentioned in my first post.
Install time will be about 1-2 hours regardless of kit.

see, i got lost in your first post and never looked at your sig, or it wasn't there when i first read your first post.... then for fueling only, i would go with awe or asp that nothing posted...... me personally i don't know anything about asp, but they might be reputable.........

Old 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM
3rd Gear

I find this fascinating. I'm noodling the options of going with K04s if my stock turbos fail. It looks like the whole shooting match plus installation is $6-8k. What kind of actual performance gain are you seeing from that investment?

Quick Reply: Stage III Choices