Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stasis ECU Upgrade for 2010 A6 3.0

Old 10-10-2010, 08:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Stasis ECU Upgrade for 2010 A6 3.0

Looking into the Stasis ECU upgrade for my 2010 A6 3.0T.
They claim 400hp and 371lbs torque.

Seems like an affordable performance upgrade - but before simply paying for this (sale and instal at Audi dealer for warranty) are there any other mods required to ensure:

a) capitalize/maximize the ECU upgrade or
b) ensure no damage is caused to stock parts as a result of the upgrade.

Thanks all - would particularly love to hear from anyone who has had this Stasis upgrade performed on their A6

Old 01-17-2011, 11:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Ditto

I'd like to hear from anyone with the ECU mod as well. I'm particularly interested to know if anyone has had problems with their extended warranty because of a Stasis ECU mod.

I know. You're thinking . . . who keeps the car that long. But I'm looking to keep my Audi 6-7 years. If any of you have had some experience, please share.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:49 PM
2nd Gear

If they find it your fooked!

Come on those guys will do anything not to pay up.
Changing your timing and fuel/air ratios is going to increase wear and tear. BIG POWER=BIG MONEY

might I suggest a trade for my 400HP 2000 A8

Ok then

How about getting a price on a second ecu?
If the car goes in swap it back to the oem spec ecu.
beat 'em at there own game!

Old 01-19-2011, 11:41 AM
3rd Gear

If I am reading your post correctly, your Audi dealer will sell/install the upgrade and honor the warranty. That's critical.

No expert on the 3.0T motor, but when I chipped my 2.7T I upgraded the diverter valves (DV) and throttle body boot (TBB) to prevent blowouts due to the increased pressure. Ask about these parts. Otherwise anytime you go from ~250hp to ~400hp you have to be careful of your drivetrain. That much torque increase can break stuff if you hammer the gas too often. I rarely launch hard and enjoy the extra power when I want to enter a freeway or pass someone. Even so, I ruined my oem clutch within 10k miles of the chip.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:41 PM
1st Gear
Default Point Taken

The stock Audi engine does OK on it's own. After shelling out uber bucks for an ECU upgrade why shell out more $$$$ when the 4yr/50k warranty expires. Unless you buy a new car every 4 years, I don't see it's worth the risk.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Stasis Upgrade is now available - A6 3.0

Ok so my 2010 A6 3.0 is going into my local Audi dealer tomorrow to have the Stasis ECU upgrade ($1300)

The specs are not as huge as originally indicated by the Stasis folks but nonetheless - still very impressive.

376hp (300 stock)/371tq (335 stock) on 91 octane or higher.

I'll provide feedback once I get the vehicle back in my hands in a couple of days.

From the whitepaper released by Stasis last week:

"The STāSIS Signature Series A6 3.0T ECU Flash utilizes a complete re-calibration of all engine operating parameters controlled by the vehicle computer. Taking into account increases in boost pressure in combination with optimized timing and fuel parameters, STāSIS has achieved dramatic increases in both torque and horsepower throughout the power-band while maintaining the reliability and durability of the OEM engine."

"The supercharger boost pressures have been dramatically increased over the OEM application by recalibration of the bypass valve programming. By adding up to 8 psi of boost through programming, the STāSIS flash eliminates the need for costly pulley and hardware upgrades.
o Ignition timing and fuel injection changes coupled with higher levels of boost pressure from the supercharger combine to produce substantial gains in top end power.
o Increased exhaust flow results from the higher supercharger output"

Old 02-14-2011, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by A4A5A6
Ok so my 2010 A6 3.0 is going into my local Audi dealer tomorrow to have the Stasis ECU upgrade ($1300)

The specs are not as huge as originally indicated by the Stasis folks but nonetheless - still very impressive.

376hp (300 stock)/371tq (335 stock) on 91 octane or higher.

I'll provide feedback once I get the vehicle back in my hands in a couple of days.

From the whitepaper released by Stasis last week:

"The STāSIS Signature Series A6 3.0T ECU Flash utilizes a complete re-calibration of all engine operating parameters controlled by the vehicle computer. Taking into account increases in boost pressure in combination with optimized timing and fuel parameters, STāSIS has achieved dramatic increases in both torque and horsepower throughout the power-band while maintaining the reliability and durability of the OEM engine."

"The supercharger boost pressures have been dramatically increased over the OEM application by recalibration of the bypass valve programming. By adding up to 8 psi of boost through programming, the STāSIS flash eliminates the need for costly pulley and hardware upgrades.
o Ignition timing and fuel injection changes coupled with higher levels of boost pressure from the supercharger combine to produce substantial gains in top end power.
o Increased exhaust flow results from the higher supercharger output"
Very interested to hear your results. Keep us posted!

Old 02-14-2011, 10:48 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jackmup
If they find it your fooked!

Come on those guys will do anything not to pay up.
Changing your timing and fuel/air ratios is going to increase wear and tear. BIG POWER=BIG MONEY

might I suggest a trade for my 400HP 2000 A8

Ok then

How about getting a price on a second ecu?
If the car goes in swap it back to the oem spec ecu.
beat 'em at there own game!
i think the stasis ecu upgrade at audi doesn't void the warranty defiantly worth the extra $$$

Old 02-14-2011, 09:37 PM
3rd Gear

Wow. 376 hp out of a 3.0 is certainly attractive, but I'm not cashing in my 2.7T just yet. I am curious as to how this really delivers the extra hp out of a supercharger without changing the pulley. My understanding of a s/c, based on my limited experience with the s/c in my Crossfire SRT6, is that unless you spin the s/c faster you don't compress the air/fuel any more, and therefore no addl power.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ppgoal
Wow. 376 hp out of a 3.0 is certainly attractive, but I'm not cashing in my 2.7T just yet. I am curious as to how this really delivers the extra hp out of a supercharger without changing the pulley. My understanding of a s/c, based on my limited experience with the s/c in my Crossfire SRT6, is that unless you spin the s/c faster you don't compress the air/fuel any more, and therefore no addl power.
The boost is not upped via this tune. The supercharger is actually dumping excess boost via an electronic solenoid. APR has a great graph which illustrates how much power is dumped. These superchargers are pretty much maxed out pulley-wise from the factory. If pulleys are released, gains will likely not be very significant.

And then there's this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8nUt...layer_embedded

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stasis ECU Upgrade for 2010 A6 3.0